RE: [APBR_analysis] professional basketball ala the NBA

  • William Tosheff
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2007
      Of course you have your take;but, just think of saving band aids and looking at the floored players eating up TV time and then getting upa nd leading the fast break. Interesting how something is thrown out into the wind and geting feed back from experts who never played. Also, those stars being forced to sit on the bench would not make John Wooden or Branch McCracken, happy...when pure defense is the art.
      Prime example...when I played, probably the finest "player" ref was Sid Borgia. Everytime he called a foul on me I would tell him the was "Maudlin". On a train trip from New York to Chicago, we were both on the same train. He came up to me in and in a whistper said," What F--K, is Mauldlin?" I answered..it means you were super sentimental. Look, there akways have been Management refs & the other good ones were player refs...big difference ala Daryl Garritson and Hugh Holland,the worst of the modern era. Look, even Joe, just got canned.

      Rod Nelson <rnelson@...> wrote:
      Not a snowball’s chance…  Especially when a better argument was made during and after The Big Dance about changing the collegiate rules to allow for six fouls, so that the stars aren’t forced to sit for extended periods, a severe penalty for what often is a petty ticky-tack violation..  Dunno about you, but when I watch, it ain’t about the zebras.

      Rod Nelson