It's that time of year again...

  • Andy Finkelstein
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 15, 2005
      .. time for Fantasy NBA at Yahoo!

      Hi there, everyone!

      I posted this here last year and there was a pretty decent response
      so I'm going to give it another try this year. Hopefully people will
      want to participate; it's really a good time.

      If any of you is interested in playing Fantasy NBA at Yahoo this
      season, I have set up a league for our group. Should you want to sign
      up, please follow the instructions outlined below. In the event that
      you are not interested, or if this kind of posting is unwelcome at
      this group, I'm sorry to have bothered you or wasted your time. To
      sign up:

      Go here:

      http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/register/joinprivateleag
      ue

      The league ID is 3252
      The password is "celtics" without the quotation marks.

      I have set up the league to accommodate 8 teams as I have found that
      to be the optimum number of teams during my years of playing Fantasy
      NBA. In the unlikely event that demand exceeds eight teams, let me
      know and I will create another league or two for the runoff.

      Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you sign up for this. Again,
      sorry for bothering those of you for whom this holds no interest.

      - Andy
    • Joe Francis
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 15, 2005
        Hi Andy,

        I've signed up and am very interested. However, this is my first
        fantasy league participation. I was looking over the league and I
        eventually figured out that it's Rotisserie scoring, but I'm confused
        about some of the stats. I see TO, DISQ, EJCT among the stats. Does
        that mean turnovers and ejections are good? And what is Disq?

        Thanks for any explanations.

        cheers,
        -joe

        Andy Finkelstein wrote:

        > .. time for Fantasy NBA at Yahoo!
        >

        > Hi there, everyone!
        >
        > I posted this here last year and there was a pretty decent response
        > so I'm going to give it another try this year. Hopefully people will
        > want to participate; it's really a good time.
        >
        > If any of you is interested in playing Fantasy NBA at Yahoo this
        > season, I have set up a league for our group. Should you want to sign
        > up, please follow the instructions outlined below. In the event that
        > you are not interested, or if this kind of posting is unwelcome at
        > this group, I'm sorry to have bothered you or wasted your time. To
        > sign up:
        >
        > Go here:
        >
        > http://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/nba/register/joinprivateleag
        > ue
        >
        > The league ID is 3252
        > The password is "celtics" without the quotation marks.
        >
        > I have set up the league to accommodate 8 teams as I have found that
        > to be the optimum number of teams during my years of playing Fantasy
        > NBA. In the unlikely event that demand exceeds eight teams, let me
        > know and I will create another league or two for the runoff.
        >
        > Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you sign up for this. Again,
        > sorry for bothering those of you for whom this holds no interest.
        >
        > - Andy

        > Analysis tool
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Analysis+tool&w1=Analysis+tool&w2=Basketball+sports+card&w3=Sports+basketball+memorabilia&c=3&s=82&.sig=EV2kmWnfAFxvTsbXQ5vbcA>
        > Basketball sports card
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Basketball+sports+card&w1=Analysis+tool&w2=Basketball+sports+card&w3=Sports+basketball+memorabilia&c=3&s=82&.sig=X3xbgU53e8efNyn9Ji30VA>
        > Sports basketball memorabilia
        > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Sports+basketball+memorabilia&w1=Analysis+tool&w2=Basketball+sports+card&w3=Sports+basketball+memorabilia&c=3&s=82&.sig=07jUG-Dscv2h82p0953g5g>

      • Joe Francis
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 15, 2005
          Apologies for the noise to the group. Other responders to Andy's mail
          may want to note that the "reply-to" field is set to the whole group.

          -joe