Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: run and gun

  • Mike Harris
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 1, 2005
      Mike G wrote:

      >The Grinnell style makes me think of how I was thinking of getting
      >on Jeopardy and playing: just press the buzzer every time,
      >immediately. Shut out the other players; hit and miss a bunch. The
      >competition might get frustrated, copy my style, and do even worse.
      >
      >At some point the "travesty" laws might be invoked. When a strategy
      >just buries your chances, and yet you persist, what else would it be
      >called?

      Not to be a wet blanket, but that wouldn't work. You can't buzz in
      until Alex is done reading and a little light comes on. If you do buzz
      before that, you're locked out of buzzing (for a certain number of
      seconds I believe). That's why the ability to time the buzzer is so
      important.
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 3, 2005
        For those who somehow have missed all the promos, Grinnell will be on ESPN2 tonight at
        9, which I guess is 6 for practically everyone else here except Dan and me.

        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Mike Harris <GENIE@p...> wrote:
        > Mike G wrote:
        >
        > >The Grinnell style makes me think of how I was thinking of getting
        > >on Jeopardy and playing: just press the buzzer every time,
        > >immediately. Shut out the other players; hit and miss a bunch. The
        > >competition might get frustrated, copy my style, and do even worse.
        > >
        > >At some point the "travesty" laws might be invoked. When a strategy
        > >just buries your chances, and yet you persist, what else would it be
        > >called?
        > >
        > Not to be a wet blanket, but that wouldn't work. You can't buzz in
        > until Alex is done reading and a little light comes on. If you do buzz
        > before that, you're locked out of buzzing (for a certain number of
        > seconds I believe). That's why the ability to time the buzzer is so
        > important.
      • Coach McCormick
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 3, 2005
          my take: http://highfivehoopschool.blogspot.com

          John Hollinger <alleyoop2@...> wrote:

          For those who somehow have missed all the promos, Grinnell will be on ESPN2 tonight at
          9, which I guess is 6 for practically everyone else here except Dan and me.

          --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Mike Harris <GENIE@p...> wrote:
          > Mike G wrote:
          >
          > >The Grinnell style makes me think of how I was thinking of getting
          > >on Jeopardy and playing: just press the buzzer every time,
          > >immediately.  Shut out the other players; hit and miss a bunch.  The
          > >competition might get frustrated, copy my style, and do even worse.
          > >
          > >At some point the "travesty" laws might be invoked.  When a strategy
          > >just buries your chances, and yet you persist, what else would it be
          > >called?
          > >
          > Not to be a wet blanket, but that wouldn't work.  You can't buzz in
          > until Alex is done reading and a little light comes on.  If you do buzz
          > before that, you're locked out of buzzing (for a certain number of
          > seconds I believe).  That's why the ability to time the buzzer is so
          > important.

          Do you Yahoo!?