Re: Season Stats File

  • lk_maxwell
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 2, 2002
      Dean,

      A minor name correction: "Joe Rucklick" should be "Joe Ruklick" -
      no "c" after the "u"

      LKM
    • lk_maxwell
      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 4, 2002
        Another minor name correction:

        "Eddie Curry" should be "Eddy Curry"

        LKM

        --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
        > Dean,
        >
        > A minor name correction: "Joe Rucklick" should be "Joe Ruklick" -
        > no "c" after the "u"
        >
        > LKM
      • lk_maxwell
        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 5, 2002
          Duplicate name:

          "Charlie" Davis - 1972-1974

          "Charles" Davis - 1982-1990

          Names according to Chaikin's database

          LKM

          --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
          > Another minor name correction:
          >
          > "Eddie Curry" should be "Eddy Curry"
          >
          > LKM
          >
          > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
          > > Dean,
          > >
          > > A minor name correction: "Joe Rucklick" should be "Joe Ruklick" -

          > > no "c" after the "u"
          > >
          > > LKM
        • lk_maxwell
          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 5, 2002
            Dean,

            1999-2000 Walter McCarty shows 71 games played, but should be 61

            LKM

            --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
            > Duplicate name:
            >
            > "Charlie" Davis - 1972-1974
            >
            > "Charles" Davis - 1982-1990
            >
            > Names according to Chaikin's database
            >
            > LKM
            >
            > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
            > > Another minor name correction:
            > >
            > > "Eddie Curry" should be "Eddy Curry"
            > >
            > > LKM
            > >
            > > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
            > > > Dean,
            > > >
            > > > A minor name correction: "Joe Rucklick" should be "Joe
            Ruklick" -

            > > > no "c" after the "u"
            > > >
            > > > LKM
          • Dean LaVergne
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 9, 2002
              Should all be corrected.

              Thanks,
              DeanL

              1999-2000 Walter McCarty shows 71 games played, but should be 61

              LKM

              --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
              > Duplicate name:
              >
              > "Charlie" Davis - 1972-1974
              >
              > "Charles" Davis - 1982-1990
              >
              > Names according to Chaikin's database
              >
              > LKM
              >
              > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
              > > Another minor name correction:
              > >
              > > "Eddie Curry" should be "Eddy Curry"
              > >
              > > LKM
              > >
              > > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
              > > > Dean,
              > > >
              > > > A minor name correction: "Joe Rucklick" should be "Joe
              Ruklick" -

              > > > no "c" after the "u"
              > > >
              > > > LKM

            • lk_maxwell
              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 9, 2002
                Dean,

                Another name correction: "Van Excel" should be "Van Exel"

                LKM

                --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "Dean LaVergne" <deanlav@y...> wrote:
                > Should all be corrected.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > DeanL

                Service.
              • lk_maxwell
                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 9, 2002
                  Dean,

                  Another name correction: "Van Excel" should be "Van Exel"

                  LKM

                  --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "Dean LaVergne" <deanlav@y...> wrote:
                  > Should all be corrected.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > DeanL

                  Service.
                • lk_maxwell
                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 10, 2002
                    Dean,

                    Name correction: "Zhi-zhi Wang" - "Wang" is first name and "Zhizhi"
                    is last name

                    LKM

                    --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                    > Dean,
                    >
                    > Another name correction: "Van Excel" should be "Van Exel"
                    >
                    > LKM
                    >
                    > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "Dean LaVergne" <deanlav@y...> wrote:
                    > > Should all be corrected.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks,
                    > > DeanL

                  • Arthur LaVergne
                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 11, 2002
                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 11, 2002
                        Dean,

                        This must have confused even the NBA. At their website under
                        the "Players" section he is listed under "W" as though "Wang" were
                        his last name (which it is) and throughout other portions of the
                        site he is referred to in this manner, but if you go to a boxscore
                        his name is as it would be in China - "Wang Zhizhi." This is where
                        I thought I found the error.

                        "Zhizhi Wang" it is.

                        LKM

                        > Name correction: "Zhi-zhi Wang" - "Wang" is first name
                        > and "Zhizhi"
                        > is last name
                        >
                        > LKM
                        >
                        > DeanL:
                        >
                        > This is a problem we all have. "Wang" is his family
                        > name. "ZhiZhi" (which I consider a poor
                        > transliteration of his name) is his given name.
                        >
                        > In his native language, the family name is stated
                        > first, followed by his given name. Hence, in China he
                        > is "Wang ZhiZhi". However, in English we use a
                        > person's given name followed by his family name, i.e.
                        > "Kobe Bryant".
                        >
                        > I have chosen to follow the official NBA on this one
                        > and list him as "ZhiZhi Wang".
                        >
                        > DeanL

                        > http://greetings.yahoo.com
                      • lk_maxwell
                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 27, 2002
                          Dean,

                          Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they should
                          be.

                          LKM
                        • lk_maxwell
                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 27, 2002
                            Dean,

                            Cedric Ceballos 2029 minutes in 1994-95.

                            LKM

                            --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                            > Dean,
                            >
                            > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                            should
                            > be.
                            >
                            > LKM
                          • lk_maxwell
                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 27, 2002
                              Dean,

                              Rusty LaRue - shows 173 rebounds in 1999-2000 (in 4 games!) - should
                              be 10.

                              LKM

                              --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                              > Dean,
                              >
                              > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                              should
                              > be.
                              >
                              > LKM
                            • lk_maxwell
                              Message 14 of 29 , Feb 27, 2002
                                Dean,

                                This one may get posted twice since I thought I already did it:

                                Cedric Ceballos 2029 points in 1994-95.

                                LKM

                                --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                > Dean,
                                >
                                > Rusty LaRue - shows 173 rebounds in 1999-2000 (in 4 games!) -
                                should
                                > be 10.
                                >
                                > LKM
                                >
                                > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                > > Dean,
                                > >
                                > > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                                > should
                                > > be.
                                > >
                                > > LKM
                              • lk_maxwell
                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 27, 2002
                                  That should be 2029 *minutes* not points.

                                  --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                  > Dean,
                                  >
                                  > This one may get posted twice since I thought I already did it:
                                  >
                                  > Cedric Ceballos 2029 points in 1994-95.
                                  >
                                  > LKM
                                  >
                                  > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                  > > Dean,
                                  > >
                                  > > Rusty LaRue - shows 173 rebounds in 1999-2000 (in 4 games!) -
                                  > should
                                  > > be 10.
                                  > >
                                  > > LKM
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                  > > > Dean,
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                                  > > should
                                  > > > be.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > LKM
                                • lk_maxwell
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 28, 2002
                                    Dean,

                                    1999-2000 Eldridge Recasner, 4 3FGA (shows 5)
                                    1999-2000 Jumaine Jones, 16 Off rebounds (shows 15)
                                    1999-2000 Rex Walters, 65 Assists (shows 34)
                                    1999-2000 Tony Battie, 152 Off Rebounds (shows 151)
                                    1999-2000 Calbert Cheaney, 23 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                    1999-2000 Walter McCarty, 33 Off Reb (shows 54)
                                    1999-2000 Doug Overton, 14 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                    1999-2000 Pervis Ellison, 29 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                    1999-2000 Vitaly Potapenko, 29 Blocked shots (shows 20)
                                    1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 1 Off Reb (shows 6)
                                    and also
                                    1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 0 steals (shows 9)

                                    LKM

                                    --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                    > Dean,
                                    >
                                    > Cedric Ceballos 2029 minutes in 1994-95.
                                    >
                                    > LKM
                                    >
                                    > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                    > > Dean,
                                    > >
                                    > > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                                    > should
                                    > > be.
                                    > >
                                    > > LKM
                                  • lk_maxwell
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Feb 28, 2002
                                      Dean,

                                      1998-1999 Tim Hardaway, 152 Total Rebounds (shows 151)

                                      LKM

                                      --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                      > Dean,
                                      >
                                      > 1999-2000 Eldridge Recasner, 4 3FGA (shows 5)
                                      > 1999-2000 Jumaine Jones, 16 Off rebounds (shows 15)
                                      > 1999-2000 Rex Walters, 65 Assists (shows 34)
                                      > 1999-2000 Tony Battie, 152 Off Rebounds (shows 151)
                                      > 1999-2000 Calbert Cheaney, 23 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                      > 1999-2000 Walter McCarty, 33 Off Reb (shows 54)
                                      > 1999-2000 Doug Overton, 14 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                      > 1999-2000 Pervis Ellison, 29 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                      > 1999-2000 Vitaly Potapenko, 29 Blocked shots (shows 20)
                                      > 1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 1 Off Reb (shows 6)
                                      > and also
                                      > 1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 0 steals (shows 9)
                                      >
                                      > LKM
                                      >
                                      > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                      > > Dean,
                                      > >
                                      > > Cedric Ceballos 2029 minutes in 1994-95.
                                      > >
                                      > > LKM
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                      > > > Dean,
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                                      > > should
                                      > > > be.
                                      > > >
                                      > > > LKM
                                    • lk_maxwell
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Mar 1, 2002
                                        Dean,

                                        1998-1999 Mark Hendrickson, 399 minutes (shows 396), 29-88 FGM-FGA
                                        (shows 38-86), and 42-50 FTM-FTA (shows 40-48)
                                        1998-1999 Derrick Coleman, 168-406 FGM-FGA (shows 243-545)
                                        1998-1999 Chucky Brown, 36 Off Reb (shows 35), 176 FGM (shows 173)
                                        1998-1999 Kornel David, all stats are wrong
                                        1998-1999 Shareef Abdur-Rahim, 374 Tot Reb (shows 260)
                                        1998-1999 Rodney Rogers, 968 minutes (shows 967)
                                        1998-1999 Pat Garrity, 538 minutes (shows 933), 85-170 FGM-FGA (shows
                                        140-290)
                                        1998-1999 Jermaine O'Neal, 36 games (shows 35), 311 minutes (shows
                                        310)

                                        LKM

                                        --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                        > Dean,
                                        >
                                        > 1998-1999 Tim Hardaway, 152 Total Rebounds (shows 151)
                                        >
                                        > LKM
                                        >
                                        > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                        > > Dean,
                                        > >
                                        > > 1999-2000 Eldridge Recasner, 4 3FGA (shows 5)
                                        > > 1999-2000 Jumaine Jones, 16 Off rebounds (shows 15)
                                        > > 1999-2000 Rex Walters, 65 Assists (shows 34)
                                        > > 1999-2000 Tony Battie, 152 Off Rebounds (shows 151)
                                        > > 1999-2000 Calbert Cheaney, 23 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                        > > 1999-2000 Walter McCarty, 33 Off Reb (shows 54)
                                        > > 1999-2000 Doug Overton, 14 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                        > > 1999-2000 Pervis Ellison, 29 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                        > > 1999-2000 Vitaly Potapenko, 29 Blocked shots (shows 20)
                                        > > 1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 1 Off Reb (shows 6)
                                        > > and also
                                        > > 1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 0 steals (shows 9)
                                        > >
                                        > > LKM
                                        > >
                                        > > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                        > > > Dean,
                                        > > >
                                        > > > Cedric Ceballos 2029 minutes in 1994-95.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > LKM

                                        > > > should

                                      • deanlav
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Mar 10, 2002
                                          I believe I have gotten them all. Sorry for the slow response, I've
                                          been swamped.

                                          Thanks and keep it up.

                                          Dean