RE: [APBR_analysis] Re: Move the APBR board?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 13, 2005
      I'm out of town right now with limited internet access so I won't have time to look at the new website until next week. The lack of an email option makes it a serious DOWNgrade in my view. I think MikeG was/is the other big email user, and I think there were 1 or 2 others who spoke up. Email is, BTW, the easy solution to the thread "problem" of the yahoogroups website; I simply read each article as it comes in. Or skip over 'em and read 'em later. Graphs? Simply attach 'em or provide a URL. Although I ignore almost half of the URLs that get posted, trying to wade through slow click-click-click websites is too much of a pain in the neck (from what people are saying, the yahoogroups.com website is also an annoying click click click site, but hey that's why I avoid the web and read this group over email, and avoid most web-based discussion groups). Except for baseballprimer.com (now baseballthinkfactory.com), and even there I get tired of the endless scrolling and clicking I have to do. But the headline-and-then-article-and-then-discussion nature of the site makes it easier for me to avoid threads that I don't want to read. But I don't think that model applies to this group, which doesn't anchor threads with articles from the major media, and instead is almost all based on reader posts instead. And there's almost never a thread that I want to ignore anyway. I want to at least glance at just about every post that gets made here (something which I cannot say for any web-based discussion group that I've seen, although granted if the membership of this group stays the same, then the quality of the posts will presumably stay the same).

      I don't know if color works for posts sent over email; evidently they don't work for the website but maybe something sent via email in color also gets received by email readers in color? Here's some red text and here's some blue text, I'll see if this gets received in color. I presume it'll show as just black and white on the website, from what people are saying.