Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: charges taken?

  • rbellotti@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2005
      Some teams track this stat and some do not. One reason I've heard from those who do not is that there aren't enough charges taken to warrant keeping track of it.

      Not a bad point; my guess is there are 2 to 3 charges taken per game per team.

      And the previous responder is correct: some statistical information is not released by teams because (they believe) it gives them a competitive advantage over other teams and player agents.

      > I really have a tough time believing that the Nuggets
      > track it but no one else does...

      What teams track and what they give to the media are two very
      different things.

    • McKibbin, Stuart
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 4, 2005
        My vote would go to someone on the Utah Jazz. They led the league in
        offensive fouls drawn by a good margin last year; according to 82games they
        drew 287 and I think the next best was Milwaukee with 208, so the odds would
        favor one of the Jazz players. Fisher still may be the one, but he gets the
        notoriety because all his games seem like they were on national TV.

        Best Wishes,
        Stuart

        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 4, 2005
          From what I've gathered the Nuggets are especially manic about
          charges, it was a pet thing of Bzdelik's. Not sure if Coop will keep
          it up or not.

          --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Gabe Farkas <gabefark@y...>

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 4, 2005
            Actually, I think a lot of those were illegal screens, push-offs and
            the like rather than charges. The Jazz play human pinball and clutch
            and grab all the time, which tends to produce massive foul totals on
            both sides.

            --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "McKibbin, Stuart"