Re: Strength Of Schedule - Hoiberg

  • Carlos
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 29, 2004

      This is an example of the limits of "good-bad" evaluations. Hoiberg is
      a low usage-high efficiency guy, Walker a high usage-very low
      efficiency guy and thinking about exchanging one with the other isn't
      very productive. Hoiberg probably wouldn't be so efficient on a team
      like the Hawks (for the reason Bchaikin mentioned). The curious thing
      is that Walker last year played for a team where he had the chance to
      be a lower usage-higher efficiency guy and shot almost the same efg%
      as now.

      Carlos

      > The question, IMO, is this: how can we evaluate how Hoiberg would do
      if he
      > was
      > given Antoine's minutes and green light to shoot?
      >
      > using computer simulation the 04-05 hawks are on pace to win just
      20-21
      > games with both antoine walker (pf) and al harrington (sf) playing
      40 min/g. if i
      > replace walker with harrington at pf and put hoiberg at sf for 40
      min/g,
      > using his 03-04 stats, and all else in the hawks substitution
      rotation being the
      > same, the hawks win 4 more games per average 82 game season (24-25
      wins) with
      > hoiberg averaging 13-14 pts/g on an excellent scoring FG% of 60%.
      problem is