Re: [APBR_analysis] Digest Number 956

  • yyzlin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2004
      Very good ideas being tossed around for the ideal of potential assists. In addition, what would be one of the simplest things to chart, but has not yet been done, is passes that lead to shooting fouls.

      I think the basketball sabremetric community on a whole, is very progressive thinking in things they want to accomplish and keep track of (defensive statistics, potential assists, etc.), but the actual task of accomplishing those things are difficult. Unlike sabremetrics in baseball where, outside of defense, everything that they need to make advanced evaluations of players is already being charted by baseball, this is extremely untrue in basketball.

      With regards to a message board, would a simple Proboards suffice? It's free, fast loading as long as the traffic doesn't become overwhelming(i.e hundreds of active posters) which I don't foresee, and allows the better formatting of message boards as opposed to Yahoo groups.