RE: [APBR_analysis] Re: How well do players play on no rest?

  • Gabe Farkas
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 3, 2004
      I thought it might be random at first too, but he
      consistently did it all last season too, on a
      different team!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • dlirag@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 3, 2004
        I don't know if it was Igor, DanR, or DeanO, but one of them
        tentatively concluded that 2 rest days between games was optimal for
        individual performance. On a related note, one of their calculations
        showed that rest days don't seem to significantly affect team
        performance.

        wrote:
        > I thought it might be random at first too, but he
        > consistently did it all last season too, on a
        > different team!
        >

        > --- Michael Tamada <tamada@o...> wrote:
        >
        > > That was my first thought too!
        > >
        > > More seriously, maybe he has elderly or low-stamina
        > > teammates
        > > who play poorly on 0 days rest. So on the second
        > > game of a
        > > back-to-back, *he* becomes a go-to guy.
        > >
        > > Without looking at additional players and years of
        > > data, my
        > > most likely guess is that it's just a random blip.
        > >

        > > --MKT

      • thedawgsareout
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 3, 2004
          > I don't know if it was Igor, DanR, or DeanO, but one of them
          > tentatively concluded that 2 rest days between games was optimal
          > for individual performance. On a related note, one of their

          I'm pretty sure it was Igor, but I've been digging through the
          archives recently and I can't recall coming across it. Hopefully he
          can find it for us.

          In Boozer's specific case, I think the stats might speak to his ...
          ahem ... training methods on nights where he doesn't have a game.