best teams so far

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 2004
      Sagarin shows Utah and Phoenix as being the best teams after 5
      games. My own (unadjusted for strength of schedule) summaries of
      the individual players on these teams concurs with these Top 2 teams.

      The Jazz are shooting the lights out. In order of minutes:

      Rate Player . pos min eff% sco reb ast
      39.0 Kirilenko PF 36 .557 21 8 3
      41.7 Boozer,Ca PF 33 .589 28 13 3
      24.7 Harpring, SF 29 .613 17 9 3
      27.7 Bell,Raja SG 28 .619 23 5 2
      26.8 Mcleod,Ke PG 25 .514 15 4 9
      21.5 Eisley,Ho PG 23 .451 11 2 8
      31.2 Okur, Mehm C 19 .540 16 12 3
      33.7 Giricek,G SG 18 .696 28 6 2
      20.5 Collins, J C 15 .745 16 5 2
      17.9 Borchardt, C 10 .362 4 7 3
      16.8 Snyder,Ki SG 5 .393 9 7 1

      Shooting .571 as a team. Their 3-headed centers total 15 pts, 11
      reb, 2 blocks, in 44 min. Their top 2 players are listed as PF.

      Phoenix Suns
      Rate Player . pos min eff% sco reb ast
      21.5 Richardson SG 36 .465 14 6 2
      33.6 Marion,Sha SF 36 .468 19 9 2
      28.6 Nash,Steve PG 35 .572 15 4 11
      28.5 Johnson,Jo SG 35 .633 25 4 2
      42.9 Stoudemire PF 33 .600 33 9 1
      16.3 Jacobsen,C SG 16 .667 15 2 1
      11.1 Voskuhl, Ja C 14 .326 4 8 2
      30.7 Hunter, Ste C 15 .698 20 7 1
      17.9 Barbosa,Le PG 14 .562 13 5 4
      7.5 Lampe,Maci PF 10 .370 10 6 0

      Superstar Stoud is only 5th in minutes, and gets less than 3 PF
      per. What's the deal there? Striking contrast between starting C
      (Voskuhl) and his backup. Hunter also blocks 4 shots per 36 min.,
      with fewer fouls.

      This team is shooting .547

      Here's the worst NBA team so far:

      Atlanta Hawks
      Rate Player . pos min eff% sco reb ast
      32.0 Walker,Ant PF 42 .459 17 8 4
      22.2 Harrington SF 39 .465 13 5 1
      13.7 Diaw,Boris SF 30 .444 5 3 4
      16.8 Anderson,K PG 28 .280 4 5 4
      26.7 Drobnjak, P C 22 .699 19 5 0
      19.4 Willis, Kev C 18 .484 9 9 0
      18.6 Barry, Jon SG 16 .383 6 4 5
      16.8 Smith,Josh SF 15 .344 7 8 2
      22.0 Childress, SF 14 .504 10 6 2
      17.6 Ivey,Royal SG 12 .646 12 1 4

      Walker's shooting better than the team average of .456 !

      Drob'n'jak is a bright spot. But only as a scorer. Only the
      Hornets are a weaker rebounding team so far.