Re: RJ's night

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2004
      I mistakenly posted the wrong line for Jefferson of '04; here is the
      relevant line of comparison with his near-quad-double night:

      -- min eff% Sco. Reb Ast P.F Stl T.O Blk - Total
      RJ1 38 .571 21.6 6.0 4.2 2.7 1.1 2.4 0.3 - 31.8
      RJ2 57 .497 17.4 15. 6.1 1.5 2.2 8.0 0.7 - 34.1

      ..the 2nd line being his 57-minute effort last night.

      > if i'm reading that right - that's eleven turnovers?? if that's
      the case
      > then there is nothing in that stat line makes up for 11
      turnovers...

      Well, 21 rebounds in a game that is 50-46 for his team, in that
      category, does a lot of good.

      > imagine if he was one of 4 players on the same team to score 26
      points.
      > that'd be 100+ points. but if each had 11 turnovers that'd be 44
      turnovers. can
      > you think of the last time a team won a game with anywhere near
      that many
      > turnovers?...

      Wilt Chamberlain would have been having a typical game, to go 26-21-
      9, around '67 or '68. And we don't know about turnovers, "back
      then".

      What if the 4 players in your example got 84 boards to the
      opponents' total of 46? How many teams don't win with that kind of
      rebounding advantage ?

      The fact the player had 11 TO and his team DID win says that one
      player with that stat line can contribute to a winning effort. His
      coach didn't take him out much.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2004