Re: Were Can I Find WINVAL Ratings?

  • thedawgsareout
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2004
      > I'm looking to find Winval ratings for the last few years. At
      > worst I would like to get their top rated guys over the years.

      If you've got a spare five figures lying around, I'm sure Winston
      and Sagarin would be happy to provide the numbers. Barring that,
      here's what I've gleaned from the various WinVAL accounts in the
      media:

      2001-02
      -------
      1. Tim Duncan
      2. Andrei Kirilenko
      20. Shaquille O'Neal

      2002-03
      -------
      1. Kevin Garnett
      2. Tim Duncan
      3. Dirk Nowitzki
      4. Scottie Pippen
      5. Richard Hamilton
      6. Stephon Marbury
      7. Kobe Bryant
      8. Zydrunas Ilgauskas
      9. Jason Terry
      10. Jon Barry

      I just want to point out that a year later Winston issued the
      following quote:

      "Marbury's one of the top 10 players on offense. Everybody thinks
      this guy is a great player. But when he's on defense, he gives it
      all back."

      Apparently he didn't in 2002-03. *shurg*

      2003-04
      -------
      1. Hidayet Turkoglu
      2. Vince Carter
      3. Kevin Garnett
      4. Brad Miller
      5. Manu Ginobili
      TT. Bruce Bowen
      TT. Dirk Nowitzki

      (Bowen and Nowitzki are known to be in the top ten, but their exact
      rank is not provided.)