Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Normality

  • igor eduardo küpfer
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2004
      wizardskev wrote:
      > For those of us who could be described as stat geeks lite, what's a
      > normal distribution? Is that the "bell curve"?

      Yes. The normal distribution is also known as Gaussian. It has some special
      properties that make it useful for team sports analysis (for example,
      http://www.rawbw.com/~deano/helpscrn/corrgauss.html), so it is sometimes
      _assumed_ that the distribution of whatever we're looking at is normal, but
      it's occasionally necessary to check if it is.

      --
      ed (also a stat geek lite)