Season Stats File

  • lk_maxwell
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 24, 2002
      Dean,

      I don't want to seem picky over such a fantastic product, but there
      are some duplicate names which causes problems if the data is
      imported into a database for analysis. I have used Bob Chaikin's
      database to suggest alternate names for the ones I found (and
      undoubtedly there are ones I didn't find):

      2 each John Williams - The two played concurrently from 1987-1995
      and then just one afterwards. Bob list them as John S Williams and
      John Hotrod Williams.

      2 each Eddie Johnson: Bob shows an Eddie A. and an Eddie Jr. (And
      also an "Ed" who played only in the ABA)

      3 each George Williams: George E., George L., and George T.

      3 each Charles Smith: Charles, Charles A., and Charlie – Also the
      1995-1996 version of "Charlie" according to Bob shows up as "Chris
      Smith" in yours - not sure which one is correct

      3 each Charles Jones: Charles, Charles A. and Charles B.

      2 each Bob Duffy: Bob Duffy and Bob Joseph Duffy

      Additionally I think you are missing Chuck Conners of the 1946-47
      and 1947-48 Celtics

      LKM
    • lk_maxwell
      Message 2 of 29 , Jan 24, 2002
        2 each Michael Smith: Michael and Michael A.

        --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
        > Dean,
        >
        > I don't want to seem picky over such a fantastic product, but
        there
        > are some duplicate names which causes problems if the data is
        > imported into a database for analysis. I have used Bob Chaikin's
        > database to suggest alternate names for the ones I found (and
        > undoubtedly there are ones I didn't find):
        >
        > 2 each John Williams - The two played concurrently from 1987-1995
        > and then just one afterwards. Bob list them as John S Williams
        and
        > John Hotrod Williams.
        >
        > 2 each Eddie Johnson: Bob shows an Eddie A. and an Eddie Jr. (And
        > also an "Ed" who played only in the ABA)
        >
        > 3 each George Williams: George E., George L., and George T.
        >
        > 3 each Charles Smith: Charles, Charles A., and Charlie – Also the
        > 1995-1996 version of "Charlie" according to Bob shows up as "Chris
        > Smith" in yours - not sure which one is correct
        >
        > 3 each Charles Jones: Charles, Charles A. and Charles B.
        >
        > 2 each Bob Duffy: Bob Duffy and Bob Joseph Duffy
        >
        > Additionally I think you are missing Chuck Conners of the 1946-47
        > and 1947-48 Celtics
        >
        > LKM
      • Dean LaVergne
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 24, 2002
          Very good point.  I was concerned about that as well.  I will follow your (& Bob Chaikin's) lead and change the names as you've shown.

          I will have an update by no later than Saturday.

          Thanks.
          DeanL

          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 25, 2002

            2 each Michael Smith: Michael and Michael A.
            [Dean LaVergne] Michael and Michael J (Michael John).

            --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
            > Dean,
            >
            > I don't want to seem picky over such a fantastic product, but
            there
            > are some duplicate names which causes problems if the data is
            > imported into a database for analysis.  I have used Bob Chaikin's
            > database to suggest alternate names for the ones I found (and
            > undoubtedly there are ones I didn't find):

            [Dean LaVergne] Please be as picky as possible - it is appreciated.  I get blurry-eyed after a while looking at all these names & numbers. :)

            > 2 each John Williams - The two played concurrently from 1987-1995
            > and then just one afterwards.  Bob list them as John S Williams
            and
            > John Hotrod Williams.

            [Dean LaVergne]  So noted.

            > 2 each Eddie Johnson: Bob shows an Eddie A. and an Eddie Jr. (And
            > also an "Ed" who played only in the ABA)

            [Dean LaVergne] So noted.

            > 3 each George Williams: George E., George L., and George T.

            [Dean LaVergne] I think you mean George Johnson.  I have changed to match Bob.

            > 3 each Charles Smith: Charles, Charles A., and Charlie – Also the
            > 1995-1996 version of "Charlie" according to Bob shows up as "Chris
            > Smith" in yours - not sure which one is correct
            [Dean LaVergne] I have Charles Daniel, Charles Edward IV & Charles Cornelius .  I will show them as Charles D., Charles E, & Charles C.
            [Dean LaVergne] I'm confused about "Charlie" versus "Chris".  I only show Chris in the years 93, 94 & 95 (all with Minnesota).
            In 96 I show Charles Daniel with New York & San Antonio and Charles Edward with Minnesota.

            > 3 each Charles Jones: Charles, Charles A. and Charles B.

            [Dean LaVergne] Charles, Charles Anton & Charles Rahmel; noted as Charles (C.J.), Charles A. & Charles R.

            > 2 each Bob Duffy: Bob Duffy and Bob Joseph Duffy

            [Dean LaVergne] So noted.

            > Additionally I think you are missing Chuck Conners of the 1946-47
            > and 1947-48 Celtics

            [Dean LaVergne] I am still working on  filling in some data from pre-1957.  I hope to have this completed within a couple of weeks.
            > LKM

          • lk_maxwell
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 26, 2002
              Dean,

              > > 3 each Charles Smith: Charles, Charles A., and Charlie – Also
              the
              > > 1995-1996 version of "Charlie" according to Bob shows up
              as "Chris
              > > Smith" in yours - not sure which one is correct
              >
              > [Dean LaVergne] I have Charles Daniel, Charles Edward IV & Charles
              > Cornelius . I will show them as Charles D., Charles E, & Charles C.
              > [Dean LaVergne] I'm confused about "Charlie" versus "Chris". I
              only show
              > Chris in the years 93, 94 & 95 (all with Minnesota).
              > In 96 I show Charles Daniel with New York & San Antonio and
              Charles Edward
              > with Minnesota.

              I don't have access to Chaikin's database right at the moment, and I
              can't remember now what I was looking at. You may be right and the
              confusion was on my part. I will check again tomorrow.

              LK Maxwell
            • lk_maxwell
              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 31, 2002
                Dean,

                You are missing Bonzi Wells for the 2000-2001 season.

                LKM
              • lk_maxwell
                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 31, 2002
                  You also show Tyson Wheeler playing 75 games in 2000-01, but I can't
                  place him with any team.

                  --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                  > Dean,
                  >
                  > You are missing Bonzi Wells for the 2000-2001 season.
                  >
                  > LKM
                • Dean LaVergne
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 31, 2002

                    You also show Tyson Wheeler playing 75 games in 2000-01, but I can't
                    place him with any team.

                    --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                    > Dean,
                    >
                    > You are missing Bonzi Wells for the 2000-2001 season.
                    >
                    > LKM

                     > You are missing Bonzi Wells for the 2000-2001 season.

                    [Dean LaVergne] Both corrected.  Thanks,

                    DeanL

                  • lk_maxwell
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jan 31, 2002
                      Another 2001-2000 correction:

                      Ray Allen: 20 blocks (shows 19)

                      LKM

                      --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                      > You also show Tyson Wheeler playing 75 games in 2000-01, but I
                      can't
                      > place him with any team.
                      >
                      > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                      > > Dean,
                      > >
                      > > You are missing Bonzi Wells for the 2000-2001 season.
                      > >
                      > > LKM
                    • Dean LaVergne
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 31, 2002

                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 2, 2002
                          Dean,

                          A minor name correction: "Joe Rucklick" should be "Joe Ruklick" -
                          no "c" after the "u"

                          LKM
                        • lk_maxwell
                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 4, 2002
                            Another minor name correction:

                            "Eddie Curry" should be "Eddy Curry"

                            LKM

                            --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                            > Dean,
                            >
                            > A minor name correction: "Joe Rucklick" should be "Joe Ruklick" -
                            > no "c" after the "u"
                            >
                            > LKM
                          • lk_maxwell
                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 5, 2002
                              Duplicate name:

                              "Charlie" Davis - 1972-1974

                              "Charles" Davis - 1982-1990

                              Names according to Chaikin's database

                              LKM

                              --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                              > Another minor name correction:
                              >
                              > "Eddie Curry" should be "Eddy Curry"
                              >
                              > LKM
                              >
                              > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                              > > Dean,
                              > >
                              > > A minor name correction: "Joe Rucklick" should be "Joe Ruklick" -

                              > > no "c" after the "u"
                              > >
                              > > LKM
                            • lk_maxwell
                              Message 14 of 29 , Feb 5, 2002
                                Dean,

                                1999-2000 Walter McCarty shows 71 games played, but should be 61

                                LKM

                                --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                > Duplicate name:
                                >
                                > "Charlie" Davis - 1972-1974
                                >
                                > "Charles" Davis - 1982-1990
                                >
                                > Names according to Chaikin's database
                                >
                                > LKM
                                >
                                > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                > > Another minor name correction:
                                > >
                                > > "Eddie Curry" should be "Eddy Curry"
                                > >
                                > > LKM
                                > >
                                > > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                > > > Dean,
                                > > >
                                > > > A minor name correction: "Joe Rucklick" should be "Joe
                                Ruklick" -

                                > > > no "c" after the "u"
                                > > >
                                > > > LKM
                              • Dean LaVergne
                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 9, 2002
                                  Should all be corrected.

                                  Thanks,
                                  DeanL

                                  1999-2000 Walter McCarty shows 71 games played, but should be 61

                                  LKM

                                  --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                  > Duplicate name:
                                  >
                                  > "Charlie" Davis - 1972-1974
                                  >
                                  > "Charles" Davis - 1982-1990
                                  >
                                  > Names according to Chaikin's database
                                  >
                                  > LKM
                                  >
                                  > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                  > > Another minor name correction:
                                  > >
                                  > > "Eddie Curry" should be "Eddy Curry"
                                  > >
                                  > > LKM
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                  > > > Dean,
                                  > > >
                                  > > > A minor name correction: "Joe Rucklick" should be "Joe
                                  Ruklick" -

                                  > > > no "c" after the "u"
                                  > > >
                                  > > > LKM

                                • lk_maxwell
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 9, 2002
                                    Dean,

                                    Another name correction: "Van Excel" should be "Van Exel"

                                    LKM

                                    --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "Dean LaVergne" <deanlav@y...> wrote:
                                    > Should all be corrected.
                                    >
                                    > Thanks,
                                    > DeanL

                                    Service.
                                  • lk_maxwell
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Feb 9, 2002
                                      Dean,

                                      Another name correction: "Van Excel" should be "Van Exel"

                                      LKM

                                      --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "Dean LaVergne" <deanlav@y...> wrote:
                                      > Should all be corrected.
                                      >
                                      > Thanks,
                                      > DeanL

                                      Service.
                                    • lk_maxwell
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Feb 10, 2002
                                        Dean,

                                        Name correction: "Zhi-zhi Wang" - "Wang" is first name and "Zhizhi"
                                        is last name

                                        LKM

                                        --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                        > Dean,
                                        >
                                        > Another name correction: "Van Excel" should be "Van Exel"
                                        >
                                        > LKM
                                        >
                                        > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "Dean LaVergne" <deanlav@y...> wrote:
                                        > > Should all be corrected.
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks,
                                        > > DeanL

                                      • Arthur LaVergne
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Feb 11, 2002
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Feb 11, 2002
                                            Dean,

                                            This must have confused even the NBA. At their website under
                                            the "Players" section he is listed under "W" as though "Wang" were
                                            his last name (which it is) and throughout other portions of the
                                            site he is referred to in this manner, but if you go to a boxscore
                                            his name is as it would be in China - "Wang Zhizhi." This is where
                                            I thought I found the error.

                                            "Zhizhi Wang" it is.

                                            LKM

                                            > Name correction: "Zhi-zhi Wang" - "Wang" is first name
                                            > and "Zhizhi"
                                            > is last name
                                            >
                                            > LKM
                                            >
                                            > DeanL:
                                            >
                                            > This is a problem we all have. "Wang" is his family
                                            > name. "ZhiZhi" (which I consider a poor
                                            > transliteration of his name) is his given name.
                                            >
                                            > In his native language, the family name is stated
                                            > first, followed by his given name. Hence, in China he
                                            > is "Wang ZhiZhi". However, in English we use a
                                            > person's given name followed by his family name, i.e.
                                            > "Kobe Bryant".
                                            >
                                            > I have chosen to follow the official NBA on this one
                                            > and list him as "ZhiZhi Wang".
                                            >
                                            > DeanL

                                            > http://greetings.yahoo.com
                                          • lk_maxwell
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Feb 27, 2002
                                              Dean,

                                              Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they should
                                              be.

                                              LKM
                                            • lk_maxwell
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Feb 27, 2002
                                                Dean,

                                                Cedric Ceballos 2029 minutes in 1994-95.

                                                LKM

                                                --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                > Dean,
                                                >
                                                > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                                                should
                                                > be.
                                                >
                                                > LKM
                                              • lk_maxwell
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Feb 27, 2002
                                                  Dean,

                                                  Rusty LaRue - shows 173 rebounds in 1999-2000 (in 4 games!) - should
                                                  be 10.

                                                  LKM

                                                  --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                  > Dean,
                                                  >
                                                  > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                                                  should
                                                  > be.
                                                  >
                                                  > LKM
                                                • lk_maxwell
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Feb 27, 2002
                                                    Dean,

                                                    This one may get posted twice since I thought I already did it:

                                                    Cedric Ceballos 2029 points in 1994-95.

                                                    LKM

                                                    --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                    > Dean,
                                                    >
                                                    > Rusty LaRue - shows 173 rebounds in 1999-2000 (in 4 games!) -
                                                    should
                                                    > be 10.
                                                    >
                                                    > LKM
                                                    >
                                                    > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                    > > Dean,
                                                    > >
                                                    > > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                                                    > should
                                                    > > be.
                                                    > >
                                                    > > LKM
                                                  • lk_maxwell
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Feb 27, 2002
                                                      That should be 2029 *minutes* not points.

                                                      --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                      > Dean,
                                                      >
                                                      > This one may get posted twice since I thought I already did it:
                                                      >
                                                      > Cedric Ceballos 2029 points in 1994-95.
                                                      >
                                                      > LKM
                                                      >
                                                      > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                      > > Dean,
                                                      > >
                                                      > > Rusty LaRue - shows 173 rebounds in 1999-2000 (in 4 games!) -
                                                      > should
                                                      > > be 10.
                                                      > >
                                                      > > LKM
                                                      > >
                                                      > > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                      > > > Dean,
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                                                      > > should
                                                      > > > be.
                                                      > > >
                                                      > > > LKM
                                                    • lk_maxwell
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Feb 28, 2002
                                                        Dean,

                                                        1999-2000 Eldridge Recasner, 4 3FGA (shows 5)
                                                        1999-2000 Jumaine Jones, 16 Off rebounds (shows 15)
                                                        1999-2000 Rex Walters, 65 Assists (shows 34)
                                                        1999-2000 Tony Battie, 152 Off Rebounds (shows 151)
                                                        1999-2000 Calbert Cheaney, 23 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                                        1999-2000 Walter McCarty, 33 Off Reb (shows 54)
                                                        1999-2000 Doug Overton, 14 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                                        1999-2000 Pervis Ellison, 29 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                                        1999-2000 Vitaly Potapenko, 29 Blocked shots (shows 20)
                                                        1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 1 Off Reb (shows 6)
                                                        and also
                                                        1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 0 steals (shows 9)

                                                        LKM

                                                        --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                        > Dean,
                                                        >
                                                        > Cedric Ceballos 2029 minutes in 1994-95.
                                                        >
                                                        > LKM
                                                        >
                                                        > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                        > > Dean,
                                                        > >
                                                        > > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                                                        > should
                                                        > > be.
                                                        > >
                                                        > > LKM
                                                      • lk_maxwell
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Feb 28, 2002
                                                          Dean,

                                                          1998-1999 Tim Hardaway, 152 Total Rebounds (shows 151)

                                                          LKM

                                                          --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                          > Dean,
                                                          >
                                                          > 1999-2000 Eldridge Recasner, 4 3FGA (shows 5)
                                                          > 1999-2000 Jumaine Jones, 16 Off rebounds (shows 15)
                                                          > 1999-2000 Rex Walters, 65 Assists (shows 34)
                                                          > 1999-2000 Tony Battie, 152 Off Rebounds (shows 151)
                                                          > 1999-2000 Calbert Cheaney, 23 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                                          > 1999-2000 Walter McCarty, 33 Off Reb (shows 54)
                                                          > 1999-2000 Doug Overton, 14 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                                          > 1999-2000 Pervis Ellison, 29 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                                          > 1999-2000 Vitaly Potapenko, 29 Blocked shots (shows 20)
                                                          > 1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 1 Off Reb (shows 6)
                                                          > and also
                                                          > 1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 0 steals (shows 9)
                                                          >
                                                          > LKM
                                                          >
                                                          > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                          > > Dean,
                                                          > >
                                                          > > Cedric Ceballos 2029 minutes in 1994-95.
                                                          > >
                                                          > > LKM
                                                          > >
                                                          > > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                          > > > Dean,
                                                          > > >
                                                          > > > Bruce Bowen 1998-99 - all his stats are doubled from what they
                                                          > > should
                                                          > > > be.
                                                          > > >
                                                          > > > LKM
                                                        • lk_maxwell
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Mar 1, 2002
                                                            Dean,

                                                            1998-1999 Mark Hendrickson, 399 minutes (shows 396), 29-88 FGM-FGA
                                                            (shows 38-86), and 42-50 FTM-FTA (shows 40-48)
                                                            1998-1999 Derrick Coleman, 168-406 FGM-FGA (shows 243-545)
                                                            1998-1999 Chucky Brown, 36 Off Reb (shows 35), 176 FGM (shows 173)
                                                            1998-1999 Kornel David, all stats are wrong
                                                            1998-1999 Shareef Abdur-Rahim, 374 Tot Reb (shows 260)
                                                            1998-1999 Rodney Rogers, 968 minutes (shows 967)
                                                            1998-1999 Pat Garrity, 538 minutes (shows 933), 85-170 FGM-FGA (shows
                                                            140-290)
                                                            1998-1999 Jermaine O'Neal, 36 games (shows 35), 311 minutes (shows
                                                            310)

                                                            LKM

                                                            --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                            > Dean,
                                                            >
                                                            > 1998-1999 Tim Hardaway, 152 Total Rebounds (shows 151)
                                                            >
                                                            > LKM
                                                            >
                                                            > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                            > > Dean,
                                                            > >
                                                            > > 1999-2000 Eldridge Recasner, 4 3FGA (shows 5)
                                                            > > 1999-2000 Jumaine Jones, 16 Off rebounds (shows 15)
                                                            > > 1999-2000 Rex Walters, 65 Assists (shows 34)
                                                            > > 1999-2000 Tony Battie, 152 Off Rebounds (shows 151)
                                                            > > 1999-2000 Calbert Cheaney, 23 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                                            > > 1999-2000 Walter McCarty, 33 Off Reb (shows 54)
                                                            > > 1999-2000 Doug Overton, 14 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                                            > > 1999-2000 Pervis Ellison, 29 Off Reb (shows 21)
                                                            > > 1999-2000 Vitaly Potapenko, 29 Blocked shots (shows 20)
                                                            > > 1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 1 Off Reb (shows 6)
                                                            > > and also
                                                            > > 1999-2000 Wayne Turner, 0 steals (shows 9)
                                                            > >
                                                            > > LKM
                                                            > >
                                                            > > --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "lk_maxwell" <lk_maxwell@h...> wrote:
                                                            > > > Dean,
                                                            > > >
                                                            > > > Cedric Ceballos 2029 minutes in 1994-95.
                                                            > > >
                                                            > > > LKM

                                                            > > > should

                                                          • deanlav
                                                            Message 29 of 29 , Mar 10, 2002
                                                              I believe I have gotten them all. Sorry for the slow response, I've
                                                              been swamped.

                                                              Thanks and keep it up.

                                                              Dean