Re: Richard Jefferson worth 13 million?

  • wimpds
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 18, 2004
      I think he might be worth it (certainly more so than Kenyon
      Martin). My per-diff based win rating had Jefferson worth 12.1 wins
      last year. 13 million would be 1.04 million per marginal win, less
      than the league average of 1.3. Given his age, it doesn't seem like
      a bad deal. Given where the salary limit is, you don't have to be a
      Tim Duncan to deserve a max salary.

      ben

      <alleyoop2@y...> wrote:
      > I gotta agree. Not sure he's worth 13 million, but outside of
      August
      > 15, 2004 he's clearly one of the best SFs in the game. Excellent
      > defender, good FG%, decent outside game, and took to Prince as
      much
      > as anyone I saw all season.
      >

      > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "jimmy_purnell"
      > <unstandable@y...> wrote:
      > > RJ was terrible for the US today, but I don't think he's that
      > > overpaid.
      > >
      > > He actually has improved his shot a lot - he shot around 25%
      from
      > > three point range each of his first two years but improved to
      36%
      > this
      > > season. He also played great when Kidd was injured (refuting the
      > > theory that his stats were only good because of Kidd) - he
      picked
      > up
      > > his scoring as well as his boards and assists I think. And then
      he
      > was
      > > great in the playoffs. He dominated Tayshaun Prince, who was
      able
      > > shut down Kobe and Artest in other series.
      > >

      > > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Coach McCormick
      > > <highfivehoopschool@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I'm still confused by the NJ Nets. Kenyon Martin isn't worth
      10
      > > million, but Jefferson is worth $13 million?
      > > >
      > > > I don't see RJ as a max player. He can't shoot (he hit the
      side
      > of
      > > the backboard and airballed in the game today) and his offensive
      > > repetoire is limited. He's a great third option for the Nets,
      but
      > who
      > > can afford to give their third option a max deal (unless of
      course
      > you
      > > give away your second option and your fourth option for free).
      > > >
      > > > I think the RJ deal is one of the worst deals of the summer.
      The