The Doppelganger Machine

  • igor eduardo küpfer
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2004
      I've put together an Excel workbook which calculates player similarity based
      on a number of pace- and league-adjusted stats. I've set it up so that
      anyone can change the weights of each stat, to emphasize different
      characteristics of a player's game. You can download it from my website at
      http://www.30mb.com/x/brothered/

      It comes as a 3 meg zipped file. You'll probably need a recent-ish Excel
      release to run it properly. There are instructions on the DISPLAY sheet,
      which should be pretty straightforward. The are additional comments which
      show up when you hold the cursor over certain cells.

      Any accuracy that may issue from The Doppelganger Machine is purely
      accidental. But as toys go, this one's kinda fun.

      --

      ed