Re: Caron Butler

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2004
      Somewhere in between the two extremes. I didn't think his rookie
      season was as good as people thought -- he played a lot of minutes
      and wasn't terribly efficient. Last year he was actually better on
      defense but the knee surgery took all the zip out of his go-to-the-
      basket game on offense. I suspect he'll be your average-joe starter
      from here on out rather than a star -- solid D, low to mid teens
      scoring with fairly low shooting %, etc.

      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Joe Francis <jfrancis@f...>
      wrote:
      > What is the APBR take (or takes) on Caron Butler. His rookie
      season he
      > had a good PER diff and a bad +/-. His sophomore season he had a
      good
      > +/- and a bad PER diff. I haven't seen him play, so I have no
      > subjective explanation. Any Heat fans out there with an analysis?
      >
      > thanks,
      > -joe
    • Gabe Farkas
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
        I think part of the +/- has to do with the drastic
        turnaround in Miami's record.

        also, he had a lesser role his soph season, so i'd bet
        that he saw more garbage time.

        --- Joe Francis <jfrancis@...> wrote:

        > What is the APBR take (or takes) on Caron Butler.
        > His rookie season he
        > had a good PER diff and a bad +/-. His sophomore
        > season he had a good
        > +/- and a bad PER diff. I haven't seen him play, so
        > I have no
        > subjective explanation. Any Heat fans out there
        > with an analysis?
        >
        > thanks,
        > -joe

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Joe Francis
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
          Gabe Farkas wrote:

          >I think part of the +/- has to do with the drastic
          >turnaround in Miami's record.

          No, this is relative +-.