Re: more east-west imbalance

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18 5:34 AM
      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "gabrielandjared"
      <gabrielandjared@y...> wrote:
      > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Mike G" <msg_53@h...> wrote:
      > > Shaquille O'Neal, Steve Francis, and Cuttino Mobley have taken
      their
      > > skills from the Western Conference to the Eastern.
      > >
      > > Going the other way: Lamar Odom, Caron Butler, Brian Grant,
      Carlos
      > > Boozer, Mehmet Okur, Tracy McGrady, Juwan Howard, Kenyon Martin.
      > >
      > > Anyone else ?
      >
      > Don't forget the roster of the New Orleans Hornets moving
      west...and
      > the bit players like Gerald Wallace moving East via the Bobcats who
      > could have an impact.

      Well, I added last season's raw totals of these 11 "movers".

      Each Western team has, on average, gained 322 points, 195 rebounds,
      32 assists, 19 steals, and 10 blocks, in this rather one-sided
      siphoning-off of Eastern talent.

      I'm assuming the Hornets are an average Western team, and so I'm not
      including them in the equation. However, an expansion team only
      weakens the East further. (They are likely to go about 2-28 against
      the West.)

      [At least now, the rank and file of fans no longer assumes
      the "real" championship is the WCF.]