Re: ref bias/conspiracy..

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 9, 2004

      > In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "John Hollinger" <alleyoop2@y...>
      wrote:
      > > The Lakers had the second-highest PF rate in the league, ...

      > > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mrintp2000" <shzys@n...>
      wrote:
      > > > Shaq gets away with murder. ...

      I appreciate the comments and all; but I really was interested if any
      of the astute observers in here could confirm or deny what one person
      said (off-list), about major ref bias for the Pistons.

      These things intrigue me, and people's perceptions of them not the
      least.

      I do not think foul rates indicate much about bias. Teams that are
      losing tend to foul more, do they not? Players who are ahead of the
      defense are going to be grabbed.

      As far as I know, Shaq hasn't murdered or hurt anyone. (Malone has.)
      I've always thought it helped Shaq on both ends of the stick. No
      offensive fouls = dunks. No defensive fouls = no FT to blow.