Re: Anyone care to estimate the Jazz title chances?

  • mrintp2000
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2004
      I have Okur, Arroyo, Harpring, and Giricek rated as well above average.

      In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "jimmy_purnell" <unstandable@y...>
      wrote:
      > Favorite to win it all? No way.
      >
      > AK is great and Boozer is very good, but Arroyo, Giricek and Okur are
      > average quality starters at their positions. Sloan will get the most
      > out of them, but I think that means they might be able to sneak in and
      > get homecourt in the playoffs.
      >
      > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mrintp2000" <shzys@n...> wrote:
      > > With the Boozer signing I think they may be the early favorite. The
      > > lineup is scary
      > >
      > > Arroyo
      > > Giricek
      > > AK
      > > Boozer
      > > Okur
      > >
      > > Maybe even Bob wouldn't mind running a sim on that lineup? This team
      > > is really going to shock people.
    • jimmy_purnell
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
        You have Arroyo as a top ten PG, Giricek as a top ten SG, Harpring as
        a top ten SF, and Okur as a top ten C? I was thinking 1-10 above
        average, 11-20 average, 21-30 below average.

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
          --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "jimmy_purnell"
          <unstandable@y...> wrote:

          I'm redoing rankings so I don't have the exact figures but I'm
          guessing they'll be more like 10-15, above average:)

          I have the Wolves ranked as best team, but I'm expecting them to
          decline a bit due to age. Similarly, I'm expecting the Jazz to improve
          due to their youth. By season end, I expect the Jazz to be a better team.

          San Antonio, Detroit, Indiana, are all very good of course, but I
          don't see them improving like the Jazz will.

          > You have Arroyo as a top ten PG, Giricek as a top ten SG, Harpring as
          > a top ten SF, and Okur as a top ten C? I was thinking 1-10 above
          > average, 11-20 average, 21-30 below average.
          >
          > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mrintp2000" <shzys@n...> wrote:
          > > I have Okur, Arroyo, Harpring, and Giricek rated as well above
          > average.
          > >
          > > In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "jimmy_purnell" <unstandable@y...
          > >
          > > wrote:
          > > > Favorite to win it all? No way.
          > > >
          > > > AK is great and Boozer is very good, but Arroyo, Giricek and Okur
          > are
          > > > average quality starters at their positions. Sloan will get the
          > most
          > > > out of them, but I think that means they might be able to sneak in
          > and
          > > > get homecourt in the playoffs.
          > > >
          > > > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mrintp2000" <shzys@n...>
          > The