Re: Anyone care to estimate the Jazz title chances?

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8, 2004
      Don't forget about Harpring either. I'm not wild about Giricek as a
      starter, but if they can fill out that backcourt they'll be awesome.
      If even if they don't they look like a 50 win team -- unless
      Cleveland dumps salary and matches.

      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "jimmy_purnell"
      <unstandable@y...> wrote:
      > Favorite to win it all? No way.
      >
      > AK is great and Boozer is very good, but Arroyo, Giricek and Okur
      are
      > average quality starters at their positions. Sloan will get the
      most
      > out of them, but I think that means they might be able to sneak in
      and
      > get homecourt in the playoffs.
      >
      > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mrintp2000" <shzys@n...>
      wrote:
      > > With the Boozer signing I think they may be the early favorite.
      The
      > > lineup is scary
      > >
      > > Arroyo
      > > Giricek
      > > AK
      > > Boozer
      > > Okur
      > >
      > > Maybe even Bob wouldn't mind running a sim on that lineup? This
      team
      > > is really going to shock people.
    • mrintp2000
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8, 2004
        I have Okur, Arroyo, Harpring, and Giricek rated as well above average.

        wrote:
        > Favorite to win it all? No way.
        >
        > AK is great and Boozer is very good, but Arroyo, Giricek and Okur are
        > average quality starters at their positions. Sloan will get the most
        > out of them, but I think that means they might be able to sneak in and
        > get homecourt in the playoffs.
        >
        > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mrintp2000" <shzys@n...> wrote:
        > > With the Boozer signing I think they may be the early favorite. The
        > > lineup is scary
        > >
        > > Arroyo
        > > Giricek
        > > AK
        > > Boozer
        > > Okur
        > >
        > > Maybe even Bob wouldn't mind running a sim on that lineup? This team
        > > is really going to shock people.
      • jimmy_purnell
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
          You have Arroyo as a top ten PG, Giricek as a top ten SG, Harpring as
          a top ten SF, and Okur as a top ten C? I was thinking 1-10 above
          average, 11-20 average, 21-30 below average.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9, 2004
            --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "jimmy_purnell"
            <unstandable@y...> wrote:

            I'm redoing rankings so I don't have the exact figures but I'm
            guessing they'll be more like 10-15, above average:)

            I have the Wolves ranked as best team, but I'm expecting them to
            decline a bit due to age. Similarly, I'm expecting the Jazz to improve
            due to their youth. By season end, I expect the Jazz to be a better team.

            San Antonio, Detroit, Indiana, are all very good of course, but I
            don't see them improving like the Jazz will.

            > You have Arroyo as a top ten PG, Giricek as a top ten SG, Harpring as
            > a top ten SF, and Okur as a top ten C? I was thinking 1-10 above
            > average, 11-20 average, 21-30 below average.
            >
            > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mrintp2000" <shzys@n...> wrote:
            > > I have Okur, Arroyo, Harpring, and Giricek rated as well above
            > average.
            > >
            > > In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "jimmy_purnell" <unstandable@y...
            > >
            > > wrote:
            > > > Favorite to win it all? No way.
            > > >
            > > > AK is great and Boozer is very good, but Arroyo, Giricek and Okur
            > are
            > > > average quality starters at their positions. Sloan will get the
            > most
            > > > out of them, but I think that means they might be able to sneak in
            > and
            > > > get homecourt in the playoffs.
            > > >
            > > > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mrintp2000" <shzys@n...>
            > The