Re: Anyone care to estimate the Jazz title chances?

  • jimmy_purnell
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 8 7:14 PM
      Favorite to win it all? No way.

      AK is great and Boozer is very good, but Arroyo, Giricek and Okur are
      average quality starters at their positions. Sloan will get the most
      out of them, but I think that means they might be able to sneak in and
      get homecourt in the playoffs.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 8 8:49 PM
        Don't forget about Harpring either. I'm not wild about Giricek as a
        starter, but if they can fill out that backcourt they'll be awesome.
        If even if they don't they look like a 50 win team -- unless
        Cleveland dumps salary and matches.

        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "jimmy_purnell"
        <unstandable@y...> wrote:
        > Favorite to win it all? No way.
        >
        > AK is great and Boozer is very good, but Arroyo, Giricek and Okur
        are
        > average quality starters at their positions. Sloan will get the
        most
        > out of them, but I think that means they might be able to sneak in
        and
        > get homecourt in the playoffs.
        >
        > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mrintp2000" <shzys@n...>
        wrote:
        > > With the Boozer signing I think they may be the early favorite.
        The
        > > lineup is scary
        > >
        > > Arroyo
        > > Giricek
        > > AK
        > > Boozer
        > > Okur
        > >
        > > Maybe even Bob wouldn't mind running a sim on that lineup? This
        team
        > > is really going to shock people.
      • mrintp2000
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 8 9:29 PM
          I have Okur, Arroyo, Harpring, and Giricek rated as well above average.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 9 5:39 AM
            You have Arroyo as a top ten PG, Giricek as a top ten SG, Harpring as
            a top ten SF, and Okur as a top ten C? I was thinking 1-10 above
            average, 11-20 average, 21-30 below average.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 9 9:59 AM
              --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "jimmy_purnell"
              <unstandable@y...> wrote:

              I'm redoing rankings so I don't have the exact figures but I'm
              guessing they'll be more like 10-15, above average:)

              I have the Wolves ranked as best team, but I'm expecting them to
              decline a bit due to age. Similarly, I'm expecting the Jazz to improve
              due to their youth. By season end, I expect the Jazz to be a better team.

              San Antonio, Detroit, Indiana, are all very good of course, but I
              don't see them improving like the Jazz will.

              > You have Arroyo as a top ten PG, Giricek as a top ten SG, Harpring as
              > a top ten SF, and Okur as a top ten C? I was thinking 1-10 above
              > average, 11-20 average, 21-30 below average.
              >
              > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mrintp2000" <shzys@n...> wrote:
              > > I have Okur, Arroyo, Harpring, and Giricek rated as well above
              > average.
              > >
              > > In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "jimmy_purnell" <unstandable@y...
              > >
              > > wrote:
              > > > Favorite to win it all? No way.
              > > >
              > > > AK is great and Boozer is very good, but Arroyo, Giricek and Okur
              > are
              > > > average quality starters at their positions. Sloan will get the
              > most
              > > > out of them, but I think that means they might be able to sneak in
              > and
              > > > get homecourt in the playoffs.
              > > >
              > > > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mrintp2000" <shzys@n...>
              > The