Re: Incentive Contracts

  • Kevin Pelton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 7, 2004
      > according to what i've read by larry coon, the
      > incentives are judged based on whether they are
      > "likely" or "not likely" and then the likely ones are
      > counted as if they are there until they aren't.

      Based on this, I'd imagine that any cap benefit to the Nuggets from
      these incentives would only be realized in future seasons (if Camby
      continues to have injury problems). Because of the number of games
      Camby played last year, the games played incentive would probably be
      deemed "likely" for next season.

      That changes if the games threshold is something like 75 or 80.