Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: New file uploaded to APBR_analysis

  • Ed Weiland
    Message 1 of 77 , Jan 15, 2002
      --- thedawgsareout <kpelton08@...> wrote:

      > After I thought about this for a couple of minutes,
      > the explanation
      > seemed obvious enough to me. While turnovers per
      > minute are probably
      > going up for most of these players, their assists
      > per minute are
      > going up by a greater amount.
      >
      > Why?
      >
      > Almost every point guard good enough to make it in
      > the NBA has to be
      > a capable enough scorer that they were one of their
      > team's better
      > offensive players in college. You don't see many
      > pass-first NCAA
      > points -- Doug Gottlieb at Oklahoma State a couple
      > years back, for
      > example -- making the NBA.
      >
      > Take Watson. At UCLA, he was probably the third-best
      > scorer after
      > Kapono and Gadzuric (though Gadzuric was/is often in
      > foul trouble,
      > giving Watson all the more reason to shoot). Now,
      > he's always the
      > fifth offensive option on the court. It stands to
      > reason that he's
      > going to shoot less and pass more, leading to more
      > assists.

      Good point. Also, there have been cases like Steve
      Francis. He played shooting guard at Maryland because
      they had a pretty good college PG, Terrell Stokes was
      his name I think, on their roster. In the pros he's at
      the point. This year at Duke, Jason Williams has given
      up some of his time at PG to Chris Duhon, because
      those are the two best guards on the roster and Duhon
      is more effective as the playmaker. Jason Williams
      will certainly play PG in the pros, and will probably
      be a darn good one. But right now it's best for Duke
      if he logs some time at the two, so that what he's
      doing. That's going to lower his college assist/TO,
      but should have no effect on how he performs as a pro
      PG.

      Ed Weiland

      Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
      http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
    • APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com
      Message 77 of 77 , May 5, 2005
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the APBR_analysis
        group.

        File : /Warriors Stats.pdf
        Uploaded by : skauffman <skauffman@...>
        Description : Analysis of the Golden State Warriors 2004-05 Season

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        skauffman <skauffman@...>