Let's discuss hack a shaq...

  • mrintp2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2004
      I think putting your own team in the penalty intentionally is
      ridiculous, but so is Shaq's ft shooting. As such, I would gladly
      employ the hack-a-shaq, but only once my team had already entered
      the penalty. And I'd go with the full hack a shack, fouling him off
      the ball and everything, why not?

      His FT% in this year's playoff is .412, which works out to .824
      points per possesion with hack-a-shaq vs. the Laker playoff average
      of 1.05 points per possesion. So maybe using the hack a shaq can
      save you a couple points a game?

      Am I doing the math right? What strategy would you guys employ?