Re: Detroit vs. LA

    Message 1 of 49 , Jun 3, 2004
      I think Lakers in five. One thing that sticks out to me is that the
      matchups for Detroit are absolutely terrible. They can't put Ben
      Wallace on Shaq or he'll foul out in 20 minutes, and they can't put
      Rip on Kobe without giving up 30 a night. Detroit's bench is far
      better, but that matters less in the playoffs than it did during the
      season. I suppose if Prince can cover Kobe and Billups blows up it
      could go six or seven, but I doubt it.

      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Dickey"
      <danthestatman@h...> wrote:
      > >From: "Mike G" <msg_53@h...>
      > >To: APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [APBR_analysis] Detroit vs. LA
      > >Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 13:44:44 -0000
      >
      > >In any case, the Pistons should not be considered patsies. They
      > >don't have injuries that I'm aware of. They don't have holes on
      > >offense or defense. And these numbers suggest they should be the
      > >favorites.
      >
      > I am one of the few "crazy" people predicting a Detroit victory in
      the
      > championship series. I have this feeling that Chauncey Billups
      will
      > actually start playing well - which would help their offense
      immensly.

      > I also have this feeling that the Lakers feel they've already won.
      >
      > I also could easily be wrong - which I've been told by every single
      person
      > I've told this to.

      > Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers!
      http://youroffers.msn.com
    • mrintp2000
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 9, 2004
        --- If having the best player in the regular season is no guarantee,
        I'm not sure what else you can do as a GM. That's why they play the
        games.