Cassell's absence.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28 6:55 AM
      I had Cassell ranked as one of the top 10 players of 2003-04. Dan
      Rosenbaum's (April 30) rankings have him #20 in "statistical
      ranking"; but in "pure adusted plus-minus", he's near dead-last
      defensively and #233 (out of 420) overall (ORank - DRank).

      Then he (Dan R) has a total ranking scale combining those rankings,
      and Sam comes up at #31.

      My question: Would anyone "predict", based on anyone's plus/minus
      ratings, that the Lakers and the Wolves would be where they are when
      Sam Cassell is unavailable?

      I guess part of that question is whether single games -- or parts of
      games -- can be predicted based on the players present.

      Does Sagarin (or anyone) have team ratings based on the individual
      players' availability: e.g., the Lakers with Malone vs the Wolves
      without Cassell?