All-Star Game #'s

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2001
      I missed the game, but it looked like a sloppy thing in the numbers. I
      have attached calculated numbers for the game, a bunch of the
      calculations, including

      1. Net points contributed by each player
      2. Individual Offensive Points per 100 possessions (Offensive Ratings)
      3. Individual Defensive Points per 100 possessions (Defensive Ratings)
      4. Individual Win/Loss Records (not that significant in a single game)
      5. Scoring possessions, possessions, and points produced for all indivs
      6. A standard production rating (positive stats minus negative stats,
      like Tendex or Belotti's Points Created, etc.)

      The individual numbers don't add up perfectly in this game. I had the sum
      of West individual net points = +0.8 and for the east = -4.9. This is
      probably because of the imperfect handling of defense and Mutombo's
      significant defensive game for the East. Plus, the game was close.

      Top Players for the East: Iverson +2.1, Mutombo +2.1, G. Robinson +1.7,
      R. Allen +1.1

      Top Players for the West: Duncan +2.7, Garnett +1.6, McDyess +1.6, Divac
      +1.6, and, oh yeah, K. Bryant +1.2

      I would have been curious to do the numbers at the end of the 3rd Q.
      Whoever was in the game in the 4th for the West blew it on the defensive
      end. (Looks like everyone but Malone played in the 4th for the West.
      And it was the guards/swingmen that did the damage for the east. Wish
      I'd taken defensive #'s -- See defstophandchart.xls file in Files
      link.)

      (Explanatory PDF file for attached boxscores in the Files link.)

      www.tsoft.com/~deano/index.html
      deano@...