2nd-Half Stats:Spurs and Lakers

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2004
      Supposing the 2nd-Half of the season may be a better predictor of
      playoff performance, here's how one series looks:

      Lakers
      T player team Pct. sco reb ast
      41.5 Bryant,Kobe LAL .558 28 6 6
      41.0 O'Neal,Shaq LAL .583 25 12 3
      27.8 Payton,Gary LAL .533 16 5 5
      27.4 Malone,Karl LAL .530 14 9 5
      19.4 Medvedenko,Stan LAL .421 10 9 1
      18.9 Fisher,Derek LAL .458 10 3 4
      18.5 Walton,Luke LAL .536 8 6 4
      17.8 Cook,Brian LAL .509 10 6 1
      17.6 Grant,Horace LAL .488 8 7 1
      16.4 George,Devean LAL .433 8 6 2
      15.5 Rush,Kareem LAL .513 11 3 2
      15.2 Fox,Rick LAL .459 7 4 4
      13.7 Russell,Bryon LAL .472 8 4 1

      Spurs
      T player team Pct. sco reb ast
      47.8 Duncan,Tim SA .536 27 14 4
      30.1 Ginobili,Emanuel SA .555 19 6 5
      28.8 Parker,Tony SA .526 19 4 6
      26.8 Nesterovic,Rados SA .469 12 10 2
      26.6 Turkoglu,Hidayet SA .538 16 7 3
      24.1 Rose,Malik SA .536 16 8 2
      21.3 Willis,Kevin SA .529 13 8 1
      21.1 Horry,Robert SA .515 10 7 2
      18.3 Brown,Devin SA .460 11 6 2
      15.4 Bowen,Bruce SA .527 9 4 1
      14.4 Ward,Charlie SA .425 8 3 3

      In a mostly unrelated vein, I noticed that Karl Malone averaged 13.2
      points this year, in 42 games. His high game (pre-playoffs) was 20,
      and I think that's unusually consistent. Further, he only had 3 or
      4 games under 10 points, which seems even stranger.