Re: New file uploaded to APBR_analysis

    Message 1 of 77 , Dec 24, 2001
      --- In APBR_analysis@y..., APBR_analysis@y... wrote:
      > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the APBR_analysis
      > group.
      >
      > File : /Who is MVP.pdf
      > Uploaded by : HoopStudies <deano@r...>
      > Description : Managerial and Decision Economics Paper on
      Individual Wins

      This is the article by Dave Berri, an Econ prof at Cal St. San
      Bernadino (was at Coe College when wrote this). It is an
      econometrics look at who created the most wins for their team in
      1998. It is a formal method that is worthwhile spending some time
      with. I can explain some of the techniques, though the Cobb-Douglas
      form mentioned in here was something new to me.

      Most people will jump to the results, which showed that, uh, Dennis
      Rodman produced the most individual wins in 1998.

      The word I got from the publisher on this was: "He can do whatever
      he wants as long as he gives MDE credit." Not sure what that means
      other than not claiming this work as your own....

      Dean Oliver
      Journal of Basketball STudies
    • APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com
      Message 77 of 77 , May 5, 2005
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the APBR_analysis
        group.

        File : /Warriors Stats.pdf
        Uploaded by : skauffman <skauffman@...>
        Description : Analysis of the Golden State Warriors 2004-05 Season

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        skauffman <skauffman@...>