performance rating evolution and explanation

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2004
      the original post was #3315.
      #3318 gives my explanation on missed Fgs and rebounds
      #3324 discusses blocks, pace, fouls and assists
      #3326 shows the second draft of my formula (incorporating changes in
      the areas discussed in #3324 and also adds a defense rating.
      presents a top 25 players list)
      #3333 i consider another upward revision of assist weight to .9 but
      end up staying with .7
      #3359 i discuss big vs small player ratings
      #3381 i make a further refinement in turnovers downward to 1.1

      i am probably done at this point but will listen to further
      comments. i probably wont repeat replies to issues i've already made
      my explanation/viewpoint known on, but you can refer to these previous
      posts.

      thanks for the feedback.