Re: Weird line by Nowitzki last night

  • Kevin Pelton
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8, 2004
      > a 24 second shot clock violation is considered a team turnover, as
      > are i believe a 5 seconds inbounds call, or an 8 second backcourt

      And that's what accounts for the discrepancy here:
      http://scores.nba.com/games/20040307/DALHOU/PlayByPlayPrint.html

      (0:35) [HOU] Team Turnover: 24 Second Violation ( TO)
      (3:51) [HOU] Team Turnover: 24 Second Violation ( TO)

      I think there might be some other stuff that goes as team turnovers,
      because from entering numbers into my Sonics spreadsheet I've
      actually found it pretty rare that the individual turnovers sum to
      team turnovers.