Re: Mil-NY-Atl Trade.

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 20, 2004
      Since I think I can safely say I've watched more of Nazr than anyone
      else (who says watching the Hawks doesn't have it's benefits?):

      -- Yes, outstanding rebounder. Good hands, great instincts for where
      it's coming off, especially at offensive end.

      -- Short for a center and not a leaper, so he has trouble finishing
      around the basket

      -- Can make a 12-foot jumper but it's not a strength.

      -- Zero shot-blocking, but he'll put a body on guys.

      Overall, I think Doleac was having just as good a year and probably
      had more defensive value, and there's no freaking way that Thomas is
      better than Van Horn, so I'm bewildered.

      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "carlos12155"
      <carlosmanuel@b...> wrote:
      > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, sultanoswat@y... wrote:
      > >

      > > > T.Thomas 14,07
      > > > J.Pryzbilla 8,02
      > > > K.V.Horn 16,09
      > > > M.Doleac 14,47
      > > > N.Mohammed 14,33
      > >
      > > --
      > > Just curious where you get these numbers from.
      > > --
      > >
      > > As a Knick fan, I can't say I'm happy with this trade. Van Horn
      is
      > > certainly the best player of the group. Isaiah traded him for
      what's
      > > been dubbed on some boards "Van Horn-lite." They both have
      basically
      > > the same skill set, except replace Van Horn's rebounding with
      > > Thomas' "athleticism". (Yes there are other differences, namely
      > > scoring & turnovers.) I don't expect Tim Thomas to suddenly
      start
      > > playing better, although he's only 26 years old (for another
      couple
      > > of days), so a positive change isn't out of the realm of
      possibility.

      > > When asked by the media, Isaiah said he really wanted Nazr and
      > > wouldn't have done the deal without him. I can only speculate
      why he
      > > wanted Nazr. Mohammed certainly is a good rebounder, but he
      really
      > > hasn't gotten enough playing time to say anything else about
      him.
      > > He's only 26 years old as well, so he may develop into a decent
      > > starting C. Atlanta is going to release Doleac, so if the Knicks
      > > resign him maybe Isaiah thinks he got a free big man out of it.
      > > Another possibility is that Zeke is going to trade Deke or
      Thomas,