Mil-NY-Atl Trade.

  • carlos12155
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17 12:54 PM
      What do you think of the Milwaukee-New York-Atlanta trade over the
      weekend? It seems a good trade for the Bucks but I'm a little unsure
      of New York side. Tim Thomas is a downgrade at the SF position and I'm
      not sure Mohammed is so much of an improvement over Doleac to be
      worth it.

      Here are my ratings for them

      T.Thomas 14,07
      J.Pryzbilla 8,02
      K.V.Horn 16,09
      M.Doleac 14,47
      N.Mohammed 14,33

      Maybe I'm underrating Mohammed but his relatively few minutes per game
      in a very poor team don't suggest it.
    • sultanoswat@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18 8:57 AM

        --
        Just curious where you get these numbers from.
        --

        As a Knick fan, I can't say I'm happy with this trade. Van Horn is
        certainly the best player of the group. Isaiah traded him for what's

        When asked by the media, Isaiah said he really wanted Nazr and
        wouldn't have done the deal without him. I can only speculate why he
        wanted Nazr. Mohammed certainly is a good rebounder, but he really
        hasn't gotten enough playing time to say anything else about him.
        He's only 26 years old as well, so he may develop into a decent
        starting C. Atlanta is going to release Doleac, so if the Knicks
        resign him maybe Isaiah thinks he got a free big man out of it.
        Another possibility is that Zeke is going to trade Deke or Thomas,
        and feels Nazr has enough upside to start for the Knicks.

        It's not a horrible trade for the Knicks. Usually I don't like being
        on the tail end of a trade where my team trades away the best player
        in the deal. However if Nazr can develop into a decent player that
        rebounds really well, the Knicks will have helped themselves out on
        this one.

        Mike
      • carlos12155
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 18 10:04 AM
          --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, sultanoswat@y... wrote:

          > > T.Thomas 14,07
          > > J.Pryzbilla 8,02
          > > K.V.Horn 16,09
          > > M.Doleac 14,47
          > > N.Mohammed 14,33
          >
          > --
          > Just curious where you get these numbers from.
          > --
          >
          > As a Knick fan, I can't say I'm happy with this trade. Van Horn is
          > certainly the best player of the group. Isaiah traded him for what's
          > been dubbed on some boards "Van Horn-lite." They both have basically
          > the same skill set, except replace Van Horn's rebounding with
          > Thomas' "athleticism". (Yes there are other differences, namely
          > scoring & turnovers.) I don't expect Tim Thomas to suddenly start
          > playing better, although he's only 26 years old (for another couple
          > of days), so a positive change isn't out of the realm of possibility.
          >
          > When asked by the media, Isaiah said he really wanted Nazr and
          > wouldn't have done the deal without him. I can only speculate why he
          > wanted Nazr. Mohammed certainly is a good rebounder, but he really
          > hasn't gotten enough playing time to say anything else about him.
          > He's only 26 years old as well, so he may develop into a decent
          > starting C. Atlanta is going to release Doleac, so if the Knicks
          > resign him maybe Isaiah thinks he got a free big man out of it.
          > Another possibility is that Zeke is going to trade Deke or Thomas,
          > and feels Nazr has enough upside to start for the Knicks.
          >
          > It's not a horrible trade for the Knicks. Usually I don't like being
          > on the tail end of a trade where my team trades away the best player
          > in the deal. However if Nazr can develop into a decent player that
          > rebounds really well, the Knicks will have helped themselves out on
          > this one.
          >
          > Mike

          Well, those numbers are obtained from the players stats. There are a
          lot of formulas that try to rate players according to their stats
          (most are better than mine too). It's pretty useful when you try to
          compare guys with different skills, different min/gm, etc. and you try
          to see which may be worth more. I think we agree on this trade. Not
          terrible, but the key is future Nazr production.
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 20 12:42 AM
            Since I think I can safely say I've watched more of Nazr than anyone
            else (who says watching the Hawks doesn't have it's benefits?):

            -- Yes, outstanding rebounder. Good hands, great instincts for where
            it's coming off, especially at offensive end.

            -- Short for a center and not a leaper, so he has trouble finishing
            around the basket

            -- Can make a 12-foot jumper but it's not a strength.

            -- Zero shot-blocking, but he'll put a body on guys.

            Overall, I think Doleac was having just as good a year and probably
            had more defensive value, and there's no freaking way that Thomas is
            better than Van Horn, so I'm bewildered.

            --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "carlos12155"