Okay, I should have described Bird a bit differently. As some of you...

  • jsm_44092
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2004
      ... pointed out, there were concerns about him, and that's what I was
      getting at. I recall discussing Bird around the time of the draft
      with someone I worked with at the time, who held the record for the
      highest career field goal percentage at Alfred University, and
      neither of us was completely convinced that Bird was a great NBA
      prospect. Granted, we were not at the NBA scouting level, but I
      believe there were many knowledgeable basketball people with some
      concerns about Bird.