Re: The Beat, alas, does not go on

  • Kevin Pelton
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 3, 2004
      > A case where a guy isn't living up to what he did before is
      > Gilbert Arenas. He's had drops across the board, seemingly.

      A lot of Arenas' mediocre statistics are probably attributable to
      his abdominal injuries. If you look at his month-by-month
      statistics, in November (when he first suffered the injury, not
      playing the rest of the month) he averaged 21.5 points, 5.4 assists
      and 5.3 rebounds. (His shooting, at 40.2%, still wasn't very good
      but much better than it has been since.)

      He played just two games in December, shooting 28.6% with averages
      way down across the board, then seven games in January, with 14.0
      points and 3.4 assists on 33.3% shooting and a disastrous 48.0% from
      the line.
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 11, 2004
        You're correct on Nowitzki -- he battled ankle problems much of the
        first half of the season and probably shouldn't have been out there
        on a few nights. Lately he's been himself again and has played more
        Dirklike over the past month.

        Nash, I think, was just over his head last year, but I guess we'll
        see in the second half.

        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "monepeterson" <mone@s...>
        wrote:
        > > I also forecasted here at the start of the season the
        > > dips of Nowitzki and Nash, though I didn't say how long I thought
        > > they'd last. I'm getting a better sense that they may be
        permanent
        > > now.
        >
        > Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's permanent? My own
        > impression, strictly from watching the games, is that neither
        Nowitzki