Re: The Beat, alas, does not go on

    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 3, 2004
      <alleyoop2@y...> wrote:
      > Oy, Sorry to burn your turf like that. Probably should have wrote
      it
      > sooner -- this year's "breakout" guys have been amazing in how
      > obviously predictable they were to anyone even remotely paying
      > attention.

      A case where a guy isn't living up to what he did before is Gilbert
      Arenas. He's had drops across the board, seemingly. Or, what about
      Carlos Arroyo's improvement?

      > As for what's next, I'm still figuring it out. In the mean time
      I'll
      > be posting some things on Alleyoop.com and of course working on the
      > next Prospectus.

      In my current travels, I'm certainly pitching around a lot of the
      ideas and names from this group. A couple people have mentioned the
      Prospectus and one actually asked what I thought of it -- not
      noticing that I had a quote on the cover...

      DeanO
      www.basketballonpaper.com

      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 11, 2004
        You're correct on Nowitzki -- he battled ankle problems much of the
        first half of the season and probably shouldn't have been out there
        on a few nights. Lately he's been himself again and has played more
        Dirklike over the past month.

        Nash, I think, was just over his head last year, but I guess we'll
        see in the second half.

        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "monepeterson" <mone@s...>
        wrote:
        > > I also forecasted here at the start of the season the
        > > dips of Nowitzki and Nash, though I didn't say how long I thought
        > > they'd last. I'm getting a better sense that they may be
        permanent
        > > now.
        >
        > Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's permanent? My own
        > impression, strictly from watching the games, is that neither
        Nowitzki