Re: The Beat, alas, does not go on

  • Kevin Pelton
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 3, 2004
      > Marquis Daniels is playing well, but his numbers aren't
      > statistically significantly different from being mediocre. His
      > college numbers certainly don't project well to NBA life.

      I was pretty impressed with his college numbers (and the one game I
      saw him play), enough so to pick him as my #4 college SG prospect
      before the draft.

      His translated shooting numbers weren't particularly good, but he
      showed up as a solid rebounder and ballhandler with a lot of assists.

      Daniels also played well in summer league, which doesn't necessarily
      mean anything but is a much better sign than playing poorly.
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 11, 2004
        You're correct on Nowitzki -- he battled ankle problems much of the
        first half of the season and probably shouldn't have been out there
        on a few nights. Lately he's been himself again and has played more
        Dirklike over the past month.

        Nash, I think, was just over his head last year, but I guess we'll
        see in the second half.

        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "monepeterson" <mone@s...>
        wrote:
        > > I also forecasted here at the start of the season the
        > > dips of Nowitzki and Nash, though I didn't say how long I thought
        > > they'd last. I'm getting a better sense that they may be
        permanent
        > > now.
        >
        > Just out of curiosity, why do you think it's permanent? My own
        > impression, strictly from watching the games, is that neither
        Nowitzki