Re: Message to Roland

  • Charlie Board
    Message 1 of 29 , Jan 23, 2004
      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Pelton" <kpelton08@h...>
      wrote:
      > Something I just thought of surfing 82games.com . . . when I look at
      > an individual team's stats, it doesn't necessarily tell me very much.
      >
      > To explain that better, a lot of people have mentioned recently that
      > the Sonics miss more dunks than any team they can remember. Their
      > 84.6% eFG% on dunks certainly _seems_ to indicate that is the case.
      > However, I have no idea what league average is for dunking
      > percentage (for lack of a better term).
      >
      > Pages ranking the teams in these kinds of alternative categories
      > would be really helpful. They would save me the trouble of looking
      > at 28 other teams to create context for the one team I'm interested
      > in.

      I'd second this comment. I find myself looking at the Spurs and
      3-4 other elite teams because it's too much effort to look at
      all 29. It would be really cool if clickin on any "cell" on
      a team page (eFG% for Opposing C, for example) took you to
      a page showing all 29 team values for that stat. Even cooler
      would be a button beside each "row" (Opponent Production By
      Position For C, for example) that took you to a page showing that
      "row" for all 29 teams.

      Of course, I have no idea how much effort this would take.
      Wish for the moon! :)