Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Laker playoff performance

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2001
      On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Mike Goodman wrote:

      > Dean, Dean, Dean
      > Maybe it wasn't in here, but I for one have been saying how Robert
      > Horry does in fact always play better in the postseason.
      > Further, Horry always gets better in the later stages of the
      > playoffs. Almost always.

      Yes, isn't it almost a cliche, how Horry turns it up in the playoffs,
      especially the finals? Starting with his early years in Houston and those
      two championshps in the mid-1990s. Sam Cassell also, with those Houston
      teams. Deadly in the playoffs, just sort of hanging around during the
      regular season. I think it's only with his Milwaukee years that Cassell's
      become a year-round player, he might've had one good regular season in NJ.

      However, I think of Horry as turning up his offense, and Dean's statistics
      show that he's turning it up on defense (don't know if that's "instead" or
      "in addition").