Re: Raptor Anomaly

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2003
      I agree, Rose is grossly overrated and basically inferior to
      Peterson. The only guy in that trade who isn't grossly overpaid is
      Marshall.

      But I think one way Jalen could help is if the Raptors play him at
      point guard and bag the Williams/Palacio combo, at least until Alvin
      can play without a limp. One reason their offense has been so bad is
      that O'Neill has been sticking with Michael Curry and an injured
      Alvin Williams in the starting lineup, so a Rose-Carter-Marshall-Bosh-
      Moiso could potentially score quite a bit more.

      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Stephen Greenwell

    • igor eduardo küpfer
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2003
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2003
          <alleyoop2@y...> wrote:
          > I agree, Rose is grossly overrated and basically inferior to
          > Peterson. The only guy in that trade who isn't grossly overpaid is
          > Marshall.
          >
          > But I think one way Jalen could help is if the Raptors play him at
          > point guard and bag the Williams/Palacio combo, at least until Alvin
          > can play without a limp. One reason their offense has been so bad is
          > that O'Neill has been sticking with Michael Curry and an injured
          > Alvin Williams in the starting lineup, so a Rose-Carter-Marshall-Bosh-
          > Moiso could potentially score quite a bit more.

          I don't know who overrates Rose anymore. He's taken his lumps. He
          was dramatically overrated. Now people see him a little better, I think.

          All in all, though, Toronto got a good deal here. They were
          desperately lacking guys who could create outside of Carter. Rose can
          do that, albeit not very efficiently, but he still helps his teammates
          in this situation, whereas Chicago really couldn't use him. Also,
          Toronto's D behind Bosh is quite good, allowing Rose to fit better.
          So this is a case where the chemistry gets better in Toronto.

          Chicago is still unclear to me, as they were at the start of the
          season. They still have some signs of improvement and some signs of
          pure garbage. I've never liked Jamal Crawford like everyone else
          does, though he did have a great game the other night -- kinda like
          Rose, actually, in his ups and downs. Curry does look like he'll have
          a better year. Skiles is a good coach, so maybe he can blend these
          guys together.