Re: Shaqtest failure

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel Dickey"
      <danthestatman@h...> wrote:
      > I'm guessing Shaq is playing more minutes per game than Andre, and
      the PER
      > is a per minute type stat - so it wouldn't distinguish that too
      much.
      > Andre's per 48 stats probably compare pretty well to Shaq's.

      Kirilenko is actually playing about 1.2 more mpg than Shaq.

      In fewer minutes, Shaq tops AK by 3.4 rebounds and 2.6 points, per
      game.

      Andre beats Shaq in steals, 1.9 to 0.4, and in Eff%, .614 to .543

      I suspect John H puts more weight on shooting % than I do.

      While I am at it, here's my Top 25 (updated just minutes ago):

      rate player . . team sco reb ast
      47.2 Garnett,Kevin Min 25 14 5
      45.5 Duncan,Tim SA 28 13 3
      41.8 O'Neal,Jermaine Ind 24 12 3
      40.5 Davis,Baron NO 25 5 9
      38.5 Kidd,Jason NJ 19 7 11
      38.0 O'Neal,Shaquille LAL 23 12 3
      36.9 Mcgrady,Tracy Orl 25 5 6
      36.8 Iverson,Allen Phi 27 3 6
      36.5 Randolph,Zach Por 23 13 3
      36.5 Pierce,Paul Bos 24 7 6
      36.2 Kirilenko,Andrei Uta 21 9 3
      36.1 Ming,Yao Hou 22 11 2
      35.8 Martin,Kenyon NJ 22 10 2
      35.0 Carter,Vince Tor 26 5 5
      34.7 Stojakovic,Predr Sac 27 6 2
      34.4 Bryant,Kobe LAL 26 4 4
      34.1 Artest,Ron Ind 23 6 4
      34.0 Abdur-Rahim,Shar Atl 22 10 3
      33.9 Malone,Karl LAL 18 11 5
      33.4 Billups,Chauncey Det 23 4 6
      33.3 Redd,Michael Mil 24 6 3
      33.0 Miller,Brad Sac 15 10 5
      32.7 Ginobili,Emanuel SA 19 6 6
      32.5 Richardson,Jason GS 21 9 3
      32.5 Cassell,Sam Min 21 3 8

      So who thinks Shareef will finally get to an allstar game? He's
      certainly among the top 12 players in the East; but there is a lot
      of competition at forward.
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
        Agree with the sentiments, but Shareef made it two years ago.