Statistical Tidbits from last night

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 29, 2003
      In Portland's 97-93 win over New Jersey, opposing guards had these
      lines:
      ............... fg-fga 3pt ft rb a pts
      Stoudamire, Por: 12-17 3-6 1-2 4 7 28
      Jason Kidd, NJ : 12-18 3-4 0-1 4 7 27

      There were also some triple-doubles:

      K Malone, LAL: 11 pts, 10 reb, 11 ast
      P Pierce, Bos: 26 pts, 10 reb, 10 ast

      Malone's 3-D might be the weakest of all time. But he did it in
      only 26 minutes.
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2003
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2003

          I think I've seen worse triple doubles. Cases where guys got their
          double digits but committed a ton of turnovers and took a lot of shots
          to get there. I estimated a total of about +6 net points from Karl
          that game, definitely a good game.

          So far, the Lakers are doing what I expected, spreading the ball
          pretty evenly, making the offense quite efficient (Chp 19). Shaq is,
          as pointed out, a little less efficient than expected. The defense is
          mediocre, about as expected when you add old guys with very overrated
          defensive skills. The question I had was whether they'd coast too
          much going into the playoffs. Can't say I have an answer on that one.