Re: Projections/Similarity Scores

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 26, 2003
      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "mathteamcoach"
      <mathteamcoach@c...> wrote:
      > A question for those who create their own simialrity scores and/or
      > projections:
      >
      > What program or programming language do you use?
      >
      > I have lots of ideas about creating projections and similarity scores
      > for basketball. My problem is that I can't seem to organize all of
      > the data that I have efficiently enough to make using excel easy to
      > generate projections/similarity scores. I have a Master's in
      > mathematics, so the statistics is not my problem -- my problem is
      > getting the computer to cooperate with my ideas in the most efficient
      > way possible.
      >
      > Can anyone offer some suggestions?

      I do actually use Excel for my similarity work, primarily because
      doing it in Access was more difficult to debug. But I also have to do
      reports fairly often and Excel stuff is a bit more easy to customize.

      All my data sits in a database and I do a fair number of calculations
      within it, but not for similarity. The other option that I will
      likely go to soon is to write VB interfaces for the db. I need that
      for some of the more advanced stuff I'm doing and may end up just
      using it for everything.