Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

All-time pro basketball scores

Expand Messages
  • lk_maxwell@hotmail.com
    Although I don t have them up on the site just yet, look for my collection of nearly 40,000 pro basketball scores to be posted sometime this weekend at
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 26, 2001
    • 0 Attachment
      Although I don't have them up on the site just yet, look for my
      collection of nearly 40,000 pro basketball scores to be posted
      sometime this weekend at http://www.thescoreproject.org Just click
      on the scoreboard portion and go from there.

      I have every NBA game from the 1946-1947 season through the 1982-1983
      champaign and again from 1990-1991 through 1999-2000. The rest will
      be completed at some undetermined time in the future -- when I
      finally get around to it ;).

      I want to express my thanks to Dick Pfander for providing his
      collection of data (he did by hand, no less!) for me to input into
      the database.

      Please browse the site, join the Yahoo! Groups there, and let me know
      your thoughts about how to improve the site.

      Thanks,

      Loren Maxwell
    • lk_maxwell@hotmail.com
      Finished! 36,000+ games and more on the way. Please take a look and let me know what you think! Loren Maxwell ... click ... 1983 ... will ... know
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 28, 2001
      • 0 Attachment
        Finished! 36,000+ games and more on the way.

        Please take a look and let me know what you think!

        Loren Maxwell

        --- In APBR_analysis@y..., lk_maxwell@h... wrote:
        > Although I don't have them up on the site just yet, look for my
        > collection of nearly 40,000 pro basketball scores to be posted
        > sometime this weekend at http://www.thescoreproject.org Just
        click
        > on the scoreboard portion and go from there.
        >
        > I have every NBA game from the 1946-1947 season through the 1982-
        1983
        > champaign and again from 1990-1991 through 1999-2000. The rest
        will
        > be completed at some undetermined time in the future -- when I
        > finally get around to it ;).
        >
        > I want to express my thanks to Dick Pfander for providing his
        > collection of data (he did by hand, no less!) for me to input into
        > the database.
        >
        > Please browse the site, join the Yahoo! Groups there, and let me
        know
        > your thoughts about how to improve the site.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Loren Maxwell
      • Michael K. Tamada
        ... Thanks for uploading the data. I was confused by the scoreboard page -- maybe some labels or column titles were obscured by same-colored background
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 30, 2001
        • 0 Attachment
          On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 lk_maxwell@... wrote:

          > Although I don't have them up on the site just yet, look for my
          > collection of nearly 40,000 pro basketball scores to be posted
          > sometime this weekend at http://www.thescoreproject.org Just click
          > on the scoreboard portion and go from there.
          >
          > I have every NBA game from the 1946-1947 season through the 1982-1983
          > champaign and again from 1990-1991 through 1999-2000. The rest will
          > be completed at some undetermined time in the future -- when I
          > finally get around to it ;).
          >
          > I want to express my thanks to Dick Pfander for providing his
          > collection of data (he did by hand, no less!) for me to input into
          > the database.
          >
          > Please browse the site, join the Yahoo! Groups there, and let me know
          > your thoughts about how to improve the site.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Loren Maxwell
          >

          Thanks for uploading the data. I was confused by the "scoreboard" page --
          maybe some labels or column titles were obscured by same-colored
          background shading. What I saw was 10 boxes, of which 7 seemed to contain
          links to data. 5 of the 7 were labelled "professional" and 2 were
          labelled "college". Inside, each box had what seemed to be a sub-label: x
          games where x was a number from 0 to 36,543. Below that were what
          appeared to be links with labels such as "y seasons" "z teams" etc.

          I have no idea what any of that stuff is. A label such as "NBA", or
          "NCAA", or "NBL", or "1947-2001" -- such a label would give the user a
          hint of what the contents were. But a set of links like this (copied and
          pasted from one of the boxes):

          Professional
          36543 Games
          69 Seasons
          100 Teams
          4 Conferences
          1 Tournaments
          0 Polls

          is impossible to decipher.

          To experiment, I clicked on the "69 seasons" link above, which led to a
          page with labels such as "1999-2000", "1998-1999", etc. There were also
          numbers beside each year, such as '"29", so I presumably was looking at
          NBA data. I could've clicked on one of those links to
          explore further, but I didn't have time to poke around.


          This appears to be a great resource, but better labels on those boxes
          would help immensely.



          --MKT
        • lk_maxwell@hotmail.com
          I know the navigation needs some work, so hang tight and it will be coming soon. Also, from the sound of things, I am guessing you may be using Netscape.
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 30, 2001
          • 0 Attachment
            I know the navigation needs some work, so hang tight and it will be
            coming soon.

            Also, from the sound of things, I am guessing you may be using
            Netscape. Netscape doesn't do so well at recognizing cascading style
            sheets and what is happening is the text appears black on a black
            background, rendering it invisible unless you highlight the cell.
            Unfortunately the site is only optimized for Internet Explorer for
            now, but eventually I will work on making it more friendly to other
            browsers.

            Thanks!

            Loren Maxwell

            --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "Michael K. Tamada" <tamada@o...> wrote:
            >
            > On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 lk_maxwell@h... wrote:
            >
            > > Although I don't have them up on the site just yet, look for my
            > > collection of nearly 40,000 pro basketball scores to be posted
            > > sometime this weekend at http://www.thescoreproject.org Just
            click
            > > on the scoreboard portion and go from there.
            > >
            > > I have every NBA game from the 1946-1947 season through the 1982-
            1983
            > > champaign and again from 1990-1991 through 1999-2000. The rest
            will
            > > be completed at some undetermined time in the future -- when I
            > > finally get around to it ;).
            > >
            > > I want to express my thanks to Dick Pfander for providing his
            > > collection of data (he did by hand, no less!) for me to input
            into
            > > the database.
            > >
            > > Please browse the site, join the Yahoo! Groups there, and let me
            know
            > > your thoughts about how to improve the site.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > >
            > > Loren Maxwell
            > >
            >
            > Thanks for uploading the data. I was confused by the "scoreboard"
            page --
            > maybe some labels or column titles were obscured by same-colored
            > background shading. What I saw was 10 boxes, of which 7 seemed to
            contain
            > links to data. 5 of the 7 were labelled "professional" and 2 were
            > labelled "college". Inside, each box had what seemed to be a sub-
            label: x
            > games where x was a number from 0 to 36,543. Below that were what
            > appeared to be links with labels such as "y seasons" "z teams" etc.
            >
            > I have no idea what any of that stuff is. A label such as "NBA", or
            > "NCAA", or "NBL", or "1947-2001" -- such a label would give the
            user a
            > hint of what the contents were. But a set of links like this
            (copied and
            > pasted from one of the boxes):
            >
            > Professional
            > 36543 Games
            > 69 Seasons
            > 100 Teams
            > 4 Conferences
            > 1 Tournaments
            > 0 Polls
            >
            > is impossible to decipher.
            >
            > To experiment, I clicked on the "69 seasons" link above, which led
            to a
            > page with labels such as "1999-2000", "1998-1999", etc. There were
            also
            > numbers beside each year, such as '"29", so I presumably was
            looking at
            > NBA data. I could've clicked on one of those links to
            > explore further, but I didn't have time to poke around.
            >
            >
            > This appears to be a great resource, but better labels on those
            boxes
            > would help immensely.
            >
            >
            >
            > --MKT
          • lk_maxwell@hotmail.com
            Actually, I just checked the site in Netscape, and (albiet not attractive) it was legible. What browser are you using? Loren Maxwell ... click ... 1983 ...
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 30, 2001
            • 0 Attachment
              Actually, I just checked the site in Netscape, and (albiet not
              attractive) it was legible.

              What browser are you using?

              Loren Maxwell

              --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "Michael K. Tamada" <tamada@o...> wrote:
              >
              > On Sat, 27 Oct 2001 lk_maxwell@h... wrote:
              >
              > > Although I don't have them up on the site just yet, look for my
              > > collection of nearly 40,000 pro basketball scores to be posted
              > > sometime this weekend at http://www.thescoreproject.org Just
              click
              > > on the scoreboard portion and go from there.
              > >
              > > I have every NBA game from the 1946-1947 season through the 1982-
              1983
              > > champaign and again from 1990-1991 through 1999-2000. The rest
              will
              > > be completed at some undetermined time in the future -- when I
              > > finally get around to it ;).
              > >
              > > I want to express my thanks to Dick Pfander for providing his
              > > collection of data (he did by hand, no less!) for me to input
              into
              > > the database.
              > >
              > > Please browse the site, join the Yahoo! Groups there, and let me
              know
              > > your thoughts about how to improve the site.
              > >
              > > Thanks,
              > >
              > > Loren Maxwell
              > >
              >
              > Thanks for uploading the data. I was confused by the "scoreboard"
              page --
              > maybe some labels or column titles were obscured by same-colored
              > background shading. What I saw was 10 boxes, of which 7 seemed to
              contain
              > links to data. 5 of the 7 were labelled "professional" and 2 were
              > labelled "college". Inside, each box had what seemed to be a sub-
              label: x
              > games where x was a number from 0 to 36,543. Below that were what
              > appeared to be links with labels such as "y seasons" "z teams" etc.
              >
              > I have no idea what any of that stuff is. A label such as "NBA", or
              > "NCAA", or "NBL", or "1947-2001" -- such a label would give the
              user a
              > hint of what the contents were. But a set of links like this
              (copied and
              > pasted from one of the boxes):
              >
              > Professional
              > 36543 Games
              > 69 Seasons
              > 100 Teams
              > 4 Conferences
              > 1 Tournaments
              > 0 Polls
              >
              > is impossible to decipher.
              >
              > To experiment, I clicked on the "69 seasons" link above, which led
              to a
              > page with labels such as "1999-2000", "1998-1999", etc. There were
              also
              > numbers beside each year, such as '"29", so I presumably was
              looking at
              > NBA data. I could've clicked on one of those links to
              > explore further, but I didn't have time to poke around.
              >
              >
              > This appears to be a great resource, but better labels on those
              boxes
              > would help immensely.
              >
              >
              >
              > --MKT
            • Michael K. Tamada
              On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 lk_maxwell@hotmail.com wrote: [...] ... Ah, the highlighting trick worked. Now I see the basketball, baseball, soccer, etc. labels.
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 30, 2001
              • 0 Attachment
                On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 lk_maxwell@... wrote:

                [...]

                > Netscape. Netscape doesn't do so well at recognizing cascading style
                > sheets and what is happening is the text appears black on a black
                > background, rendering it invisible unless you highlight the cell.

                Ah, the highlighting trick worked. Now I see the basketball, baseball,
                soccer, etc. labels. Thanks.


                --MKT
              • lk_maxwell@hotmail.com
                I haven t worked on making the site more friendlier to Netscape, but I have added some better means of determining what data is being viewed, i.e. what sport,
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 30, 2001
                • 0 Attachment
                  I haven't worked on making the site more friendlier to Netscape, but
                  I have added some better means of determining what data is being
                  viewed, i.e. what sport, what team, what season, etc.

                  You may still have to highlight the cells if you are using Netscape,
                  but the info is there.

                  Loren Maxwell

                  --- In APBR_analysis@y..., "Michael K. Tamada" <tamada@o...> wrote:
                  >
                  >
                  > On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 lk_maxwell@h... wrote:
                  >
                  > [...]
                  >
                  > > Netscape. Netscape doesn't do so well at recognizing cascading
                  style
                  > > sheets and what is happening is the text appears black on a black
                  > > background, rendering it invisible unless you highlight the
                  cell.
                  >
                  > Ah, the highlighting trick worked. Now I see the basketball,
                  baseball,
                  > soccer, etc. labels. Thanks.
                  >
                  >
                  > --MKT
                • David Litterer
                  ... Did you still need the ASL I scores? I seem to remember you emailing me that you bought the book. Dave
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 9, 2001
                  • 0 Attachment
                    lk_maxwell@... wrote:
                    >


                    Did you still need the ASL I scores? I seem to remember you emailing me that
                    you bought the book.

                    Dave
                  • David Litterer
                    Sorry for the previous message! It was not meant for the list. Dave
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 9, 2001
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Sorry for the previous message! It was not meant for the list.

                      Dave
                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.