I know one guy who is not liking the Antoine Walker trade...

  • roland_beech
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2003
      Paul Pierce!

      Pierce's numbers this season are incredible --

      when he's on court, the Celtics are being outscored on average by
      7.9 points per 48 minutes, whereas when he's off the floor the
      Celtics are winning by 34.7 per 48!

      That's a -42.6 rating on our on court/off court plus/minus
      nets...the worst in the league by a mile!

      When he's off the floor Boston shoots 49.4% eFG and allows only
      32.8% versus 44.1%/46.3% on court.

      Then you look at his personal stats where he has a FG of 38.5% and
      an eFG of 41.8%

      His foul drawing has gone down (10% this year, 16% last year), he's
      taking fewer shots close to the hoop, but surprisingly his assisted
      fg percentage has gone up.

      It's early in the year but hard to figure how the team could do so
      well and play such good defense when he's not out there
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2003
        Pierce is certainly having an off year. One thing to consider,
        however, is that because Pierce has played so many minutes his off
        court rating is only based on about 70 minutes of game action.

        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "roland_beech" <roland@t...>