Allen Iverson Project

  • McKibbin, Stuart
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2001
      I've been kind of busy but here's the complete summary of Lue defending Iverson:

      First I miscounted. Iverson had 82 touches but had 36 shots, not 35 as I reported earlier.

      Jumpshots: 5-20 including 2 treys. True shooting percentage .300, Al was doubled on two of the jumpers.

      Driving jumpshots: 3-8 (.375). Help came once but Al made it anyway.

      Driving Layups: 1-8 (.125) Doubles or help came 6 times. The extra defender blocked 3 of the shots.

      Side Note---In Game 3 Al went 1-11 against Lue. On the one shot he made Lue had slipped and fallen.

      Passes: 29. 14 doubles forced passes. Only one assist and one assist-like pass.

      Driving Passes: 5. Only one assist.

      Turnovers: 3. One Lue poked the ball away, twice another defender stole the ball.

      Fouls with Al having ball in his hands: 7. The doubler fouled 4 times (4FtA's). Help fouled once (2 FTA's). Lue fouled him twice (5 FTA's). An offensive foul by another Philly player happened once.

      Fouls away from ball: 3 by Lue (these do not contribute to the 82 touches) although Al did get 2 FTA's

      Other: 1 jumpball caused by doubler. 1offensive foul on Mutombo took ball out of Al's hands.

      82 = 20js + 8djs + 8dlu + 29p + 5dp + 3to + 7pf + 1 jumpball + 1 offensive foul

      Extra credit: Two Lue steals of passes to Iverson.