Re: [APBR_analysis] Re: Prospectus 03-04

  • Gary Collard
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2003
      Yeah, and they tried to pretend they did not. I got the following in reply
      to my very terse e-mail telling them of the error of their ways - the funny
      thing is that I included the previous erroneous error e-mail in what I sent
      them, good thing they checked into it and found that I may already have
      received said e-mail:

      Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com.

      I have checked into your order and found that you may have already
      received an e-mail message from us about this order. We are sorry
      to report that there was an unexpected delay in obtaining "Pro
      Basketball Prospectus 2003-2004."

      However, we have now obtained this item and are currently preparing
      your order for shipment.

      John Hollinger wrote:

      > Hey, sorry I didn't see this sooner. Amazon made a grossly negligent
      > error and has since corrected it. The book is in stores and all the
      > major online dealers show it shipping in 24 hours.
      >
      > John
      >
      > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Gary Collard <gmcollard@e...>
      > wrote:
      > > Thanks for the info, looks like a call to the fine folks at Amazon
      > is in
      > > order.
      > >
      > > Has anybody received Dean's book yet?
      > >
      > > jimmy_purnell wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hmm, my results differ. I ordered it off Amazon a while ago, and
      > just
      > > > yesterday I received an email saying that it had shipped. So I
      > think I
      > > > should be receiving it in a few days, unless they messed up and
      > sent
      > > > last year's or something.
      > > >
      > > > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Pelton"
      > <kpelton08@h...>
      > received
      > JohnH

      > of
      > Basketball

      > not
      > > > chance
      > about
      > > >
      > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > > > [click here]

      > Service.
      > >
      > > --
      > > Gary Collard
      > > SABR-L Moderator
      > > gmcollard@y...
      > >
      > > "Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in
      > blackjack."
      > > -- Bill Simmons, espn.com
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Gary Collard
      SABR-L Moderator
      gmcollard@...

      Since the invention of the calendar, our days are numbered.