Re: Prospectus 03-04

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2003
      Hey, sorry I didn't see this sooner. Amazon made a grossly negligent
      error and has since corrected it. The book is in stores and all the
      major online dealers show it shipping in 24 hours.

      John

      --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Gary Collard <gmcollard@e...>
      wrote:
      > Thanks for the info, looks like a call to the fine folks at Amazon
      is in
      > order.
      >
      > Has anybody received Dean's book yet?
      >
      > jimmy_purnell wrote:
      > >
      > > Hmm, my results differ. I ordered it off Amazon a while ago, and
      just
      > > yesterday I received an email saying that it had shipped. So I
      think I
      > > should be receiving it in a few days, unless they messed up and
      sent
      > > last year's or something.
      > >
      > > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Pelton"
      <kpelton08@h...>
      > > wrote:
      > > > A friend of mine passed on a rather disturbing e-mail he
      received
      > > > from Amazon.com about this year's Prospectus, and I was hoping
      JohnH
      > > > could comment on whether this is true or not:
      > > >
      > > > "Greetings from Amazon.com.
      > > >
      > > > "We have contacted the publisher by phone concerning the status
      of
      > > > your order for 'Pro Basketball Prospectus 2003-2004 (Pro
      Basketball
      > > > Prospectus, 2003-04).'
      > > >
      > > > "The representative we spoke with indicated that this book has
      not
      > > > been published and is not expected to be released until January
      > > > 2004. Release dates tend to fluctuate, however, so there is a
      > > chance
      > > > that this will change. If we receive additional information
      about
      > > > this, we will let you know."
      > >
      > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      > > [click here]

      Service.

      > --
      > Gary Collard
      > SABR-L Moderator
      > gmcollard@y...
      >
      > "Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in
      blackjack."
      > -- Bill Simmons, espn.com
    • Gary Collard
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2003
        Yeah, and they tried to pretend they did not. I got the following in reply
        to my very terse e-mail telling them of the error of their ways - the funny
        thing is that I included the previous erroneous error e-mail in what I sent
        them, good thing they checked into it and found that I may already have
        received said e-mail:

        Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com.

        I have checked into your order and found that you may have already
        received an e-mail message from us about this order. We are sorry
        to report that there was an unexpected delay in obtaining "Pro
        Basketball Prospectus 2003-2004."

        However, we have now obtained this item and are currently preparing
        your order for shipment.

        John Hollinger wrote:

        > Hey, sorry I didn't see this sooner. Amazon made a grossly negligent
        > error and has since corrected it. The book is in stores and all the
        > major online dealers show it shipping in 24 hours.
        >
        > John
        >
        > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, Gary Collard <gmcollard@e...>
        > wrote:
        > > Thanks for the info, looks like a call to the fine folks at Amazon
        > is in
        > > order.
        > >
        > > Has anybody received Dean's book yet?
        > >
        > > jimmy_purnell wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hmm, my results differ. I ordered it off Amazon a while ago, and
        > just
        > > > yesterday I received an email saying that it had shipped. So I
        > think I
        > > > should be receiving it in a few days, unless they messed up and
        > sent
        > > > last year's or something.
        > > >
        > > > --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Pelton"
        > <kpelton08@h...>
        > received
        > JohnH

        > of
        > Basketball

        > not
        > > > chance
        > about
        > > >
        > > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        > > > [click here]

        > Service.
        > >
        > > --
        > > Gary Collard
        > > SABR-L Moderator
        > > gmcollard@y...
        > >
        > > "Rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for the house in
        > blackjack."
        > > -- Bill Simmons, espn.com
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Gary Collard
        SABR-L Moderator
        gmcollard@...

        Since the invention of the calendar, our days are numbered.