RE: [APBR_analysis] Lebron James --- Sacramento's defense ---All- defensive teams

  • McKibbin, Stuart
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
      From: john1974@...
      Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2003 4:31 PM
      To: APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com; john1974@...
      Subject: Re: [APBR_analysis] Lebron James

      "I have to say that I was fairly blown away by [Lebron] as well. Bear in
      mind
      that he was playing a team in Sacramento that doesn't necessarily pay the
      most
      mind to defense, but even so..."

      But Sacramento's defense shows up very well statistically, both in
      opponent's effective FG% and opponent's points per 100 possessions (I think
      leading the league in both categories). So offhand I'd say Sacramento is an
      excellent defensive team. Am I taking what I should from those statistics?

      Since they did so well statistically it seems like the team was
      under-represented on the All-Defensive teams, while Kobe and Shaquille,
      despite playing on a horrible defensive team, were rewarded.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 31, 2003
        I agree. Sacto was No. 2 defense in the league by my rankings,
        slightly ahead of San Antonio, but TV talking heads are morons who
        still have this image of them as a run and gun team.

        --- In APBR_analysis@yahoogroups.com, "McKibbin, Stuart"